IGNORED

Article: MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

Just now, realhifi said:

I believe I was directing that comment to Doug. 

I know, just saying is all.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

4 hours ago, realhifi said:

Difference is that everyone and their brother knew who Sam Tellig really was. Not what I’d call a well kept secret. As far as I know it appears Mr. Archimago’s identity is a mystery. 

Don't know if that's true (re: Tellig) since I never cared who the man was...

As Chris said earlier, from this site, I've hung out with Mitch @mitchco at the Vancouver Audio Show in 2016 (he actually posted on this a few pages back) and I've visited him at his beautiful home in the Sunshine Coast last year.

Notice that in many of my posts, I collaborate with others... They of course know who I am. It's always good to have others look over the stuff...

LOL, missed Mitch's comment above :).

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

32 minutes ago, wdw said:

I am concerned that we may just run John A. outta town if we continually post strong negatives about him and his magazine.  Consider that he is posting here and we should welcome his participation whereas R. Harley or any of his group of writers would never dare show up to debate any of these issues.  

Harley is a hack and I give some credit to John for his interaction but please, John is inviting the negatives on himself!  He is beginning to look a bit desperate!:o

Jim

34 minutes ago, wdw said:

I am concerned that we may just run John A. outta town if we continually post strong negatives about him and his magazine.  Consider that he is posting here and we should welcome his participation whereas R. Harley or any of his group of writers would never dare show up to debate any of these issues.  

What we actually need is a discussion of who is in majors (baseball) and who isn’t of audio reporting. Specifically is Stereophile still in the top tier of audio reporting or are they an AAA or AA squad?

40 minutes ago, wdw said:

I agree.

It would great if @John_Atkinson sticks around. Even "greater" if he actually participated in the discussions. :)

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

7 minutes ago, crenca said:

@Doug Schneider and @ArchimagoI appreciate the irenic nature of your posts, but @wdw concern is not grounded in reality in that @John_Atkinsonhas already explicitly stated he is not here to engage the substance of MQA, or your summary of it, or any of the threads and purpose of forums such as this one.  He is here only to correct what he sees as misstatements of fact, and to occasionally advertise an upcoming article in his trade publication.  Remember, we (i.e. "audiophiles") are the product that he sells - we are units of manipulation in a game of confidence.  He has nothing to gain by a substantive discussion

In other words he is not really here at all - not in the spirit of the forum.  As he says, he only engages substance on his forum - his turf only.

Perhaps someone remembers which thread he says this in and post a link, not that it is really needed because every post he makes confirms the above, save for the occasional slip up...

Yeah, I hear what you're saying @crencaand hope JA changes his perspective on his intent in commenting here...

Nonetheless, I still wanted to present a comment on behalf of certain members of The Audiophile Consumer and Technical Union (TACTU) that hopefully reflects an olive branch of sorts :).

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

@Archimago- does that mean you are going to be the TACTU president or technical advisor? Chris could do TACTU thru CA......

Thank you for a great technical article - @Archimago

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

5 minutes ago, botrytis said:

@Archimago- does that mean you are going to be the TACTU president or technical advisor? Chris could do TACTU thru CA......

Thank you for a great technical article - @Archimago

LOL. No, I'm happy to let the politicians manage TACTU :D.

2 hours ago, wdw said:

Good point, thank you. I do appreciate that John Atkinson would show here and participate in the dialog. Some of us can get pretty rough at times, so hats off. I also appreciate that Stereophile has writers like Kalman Rubinson and Art Dudley who I have followed for a long while. 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

5 hours ago, Doug Schneider said:

Hi,

Is this "Doug" me? I'm trying to figure out what was directed my way so I can answer. I couldn't see anything...

Doug
SoundStage!

He was commenting on something I wrote directly to you. It concerned equating a way of recording and music distribution to the Iraq war. 

EBEA65D0-AC55-463B-BAEE-259B864199C6.thumb.png.8b791a37f07ebd15f9853145c853547c.png

David

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

One other note about not engaging or not refuting data from an "anonymous" person, this is one of the first things Bob mentioned to me when he called. I'm not saying that Bob is setting JA's agenda or giving him talking points, but I just don't see why JA is sticking to that argument so hard. 

Chris, I personally believe that John is reacting as such because that is the way it has always been in the print media world.  The last few years we have had this thing called the World Wide Web where there is more and faster interaction than you ever had in the print world.  I think some of John's behavior is that it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

Jim