IGNORED

Which USB A to B cable

14 hours ago, hykhleif said:

hi everyone, I am as well new here

My setup is 

chord qutest--- ifi pro ican amp--- hifiman he 1000 v2

i was wondering which usb cable would provide great sound that presents a full rich experience from bass to mids, and no harshness in the highs, hopefully something within reasonable price of 300- 400 usd max

i read maybe phsure lush is one of those cables, but wonder what else can be recommended

You can try several cables to compare. I like Supra and Ghent Audio USB cables in my set which includes other Chord and IFi items. Which cable you use for hifiman?

AudioQuest Diamond USB... :D

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

I tried a handful of generic USB cables, some sounded good, some bad. The freebie USB 3 cable that came with an iFi Audio iOne DAC, which I could only use with an iPurifier2, was better. The dual head Vanguard USB 2 cable with LPS or power bank beat out the iFi. I bought an  Oyaide d+ Class S USB cable, which was highly resolving and detailed but very bright sounding and did not mate well with my system at the time. Unfortunately I don't have it any more, because it would likely mate better with the current tonal balance of my system. 

I agree with this review:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/oyaide-neo-d-class-a-usb-20-cable/

The Oyaide d+ Class A USB cable is ideal to me, warm and detailed and just seems to do everything right. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

5 hours ago, audiobomber said:

I bought an  Oyaide d+ Class S USB cable, which was highly resolving and detailed but very bright sounding and did not mate well with my system at the time. Unfortunately I don't have it any more, because it would likely mate better with the current tonal balance of my system. 

Thanks for reporting.

I am very interested in the Oyaide USBs and curious about the SQ differences between Class S and Class A. 

Did you evaluate the Class S after complete breaking-in and do you think the Class S should be reevaluated in the context of your current system?

Thanks again

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

5 hours ago, matthias said:

Did you evaluate the Class S after complete breaking-in and do you think the Class S should be reevaluated in the context of your current system?

I had the Class S for a couple of weeks but I only listened to it for a few hours because it was unpleasantly bright. I am curious as to how it would sound with the more laid-back sound of my current configuration, but I highly doubt I would prefer it to the smooth, warm and detailed Class A. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, audiobomber said:

I agree with this review:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/oyaide-neo-d-class-a-usb-20-cable/

The Oyaide d+ Class A USB cable is ideal to me, warm and detailed and just seems to do everything right. 

Received mine and has 24 hours burn in. 

Out of the box it sounded pretty bad, but most USB cables do. Now just 24 hours later it sounds a quantum leap better. Tonally good but diffuse soudstage at this point. I will reserve judgement for a couple of weeks, but early signs are very promising. Will report back on the other thread in a week or two.

Thanks for sharing this discovery. 

Great, I look forward to your impressions.

• 1 month later...