How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

1 hour ago, crenca said:

Respectfully Beerandmusic, this thread is itself disrespectful.  It is the very essence of a trolling post/thread.  When Chris deletes it, hopefully a bit of this silly bickering will die down...

Perhaps all the participants in this thread should simply stop posting further replies ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

20 minutes ago, motberg said:

until then I will not patronize the advertisers unless I know them from another source

actually, this is a great point.  More folks in this camp will certainly influence Chris to be more aggressive at banishment edicts.  I think I'll join you.  

Perhaps it's time to get serious?  Every week, 2 quarrelsome posters shall be added to a poll, selected by none other than the benign dictator himself.  The crowd then gets to vote who gets sent off into the abyss. 

This constant attrition would keep folks on their toes with respect to Ps and Qs.  

9 minutes ago, wgscott said:

If anybody did that Downunder, the R.S.P.C.A. would take them to court, and they would face a hefty fine or worse.

(Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

From my observation, people who write disrespectful comments or comments with anger behave gently in face to face communication.  Some difference of internet from face to face creates those sorry comments. I do not know what cause this difference but I suppose there is something should be improved to achieve face to face level comfort.

Sunday programmer since 1985

Developer of PlayPcmWin

6 minutes ago, tmkirst said:

Wait, what? Define the iPhone generation.

These days , that applies to most age groups !

Some people here are unnecessarily nasty, which I personally think doesn't add to the site experience or the forum converstation.

But bottom line, as long as you make clear the nasty comments are about the opinion, and not the person, I think it is acceptable.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>RPi4 (dietpi)>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)