IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

1 hour ago, crenca said:

Respectfully Beerandmusic, this thread is itself disrespectful.  It is the very essence of a trolling post/thread.  When Chris deletes it, hopefully a bit of this silly bickering will die down...

Perhaps all the participants in this thread should simply stop posting further replies ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

9 minutes ago, wgscott said:

If anybody did that Downunder, the R.S.P.C.A. would take them to court, and they would face a hefty fine or worse.

(Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 minutes ago, tmkirst said:

Wait, what? Define the iPhone generation.

These days , that applies to most age groups !

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

And the only ones left would all agree with each other. That's not a forum at all, it's a mutual grooming club,

We already have one of those, and they all loathe and detest Subjective reports, even those that come from well qualified E.E.s who are also members of this forum. 

Just now, wgscott said:

That could have been someone's emotional support marsupial, and now it's a creamed marsoupual.

Bill

Quite a few people have possums as friends .

At our previous address we had an old possum that was blind in one eye, so we regularly gave him bits of banana and apple etc. when he appeared at our back door in the evening.

I am not a vegetarian, but I hate the thought of fattening up animals just to eat them at a later time.

Do you know if there are any further developments in the area of artificial meat ? 

Alex

7 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I've certainly called such a person names, but then I realized: All I have to do is stop responding and the poster will stop replying. I must try to keep that in mind and not jump to name calling. 

Like the visible presence of a Highway Patrol Police car, perhaps one of the best deterrents is an Admin or Moderator who is seen to be active in various threads ? 

2 minutes ago, acg said:

The whole life/death/sustenance/providence cycles are one of the few things city kids are too sheltered from in comparison to their country cousins, in my opinion of course.

I guess that is the case for many people who have never lived on the land.

It would be nice though if all animals, including humans, were born as vegetarians.

1 minute ago, rando said:

I don't eat Turkey or Chicken.  The internet is full of photos and stories that fully explain humane practice, such as @acg promotes, and the inhumane actions portrayed by commercial bird farms.

We had a case in Australia recently where a company was caught out throwing live chickens into boiling water.:o

7 minutes ago, acg said:

The boffins reckon cats kill millions of small animals each night but cats are cute and cuddly and whenever a cat cull is mentioned the cityfolk get all righteous because of the moggie they had when they were a kid or the one they have now that they let out at night and it gets a bird or two and maybe a lizard before coming back in the morning for its Whiskers and a saucer of milk.

Responsible cat owners keep their cats inside at night.

22 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Nice maybe but not practical

I am well aware of that George , and others who have said similar.

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Ralf11 said:

You could eat only fruits.  Plants produce fruits "in order" for animals to eat them,  and disperse their seeds (which pass unharmed thru the gutb and get a nice fertilizer deposit to help them get started).  Everybody benefits, aka Mutualism.

One thing for sure, is that a reply like this sure fits into the title of the thread, and is borderline acceptable (?)

Keep up the good work !

Enough borderline replies may see you finally become undone.

21 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Allan

I hate the idea of Ignore Lists, as occasionally these members will surprise you with a very worthwhile contribution.

They need to learn to not try and provoke or ridicule other members.

Alex

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole...

Something for some to remember before they start accusing others of misbehavior.

:D That sounds like something from "Confucius says"

2 hours ago, esldude said:

The tall dude was an asshole.  Minimum he should have coughed up the $36.  Even then I don't see that you would have been obligated to give him the seat.  But without him offering to pay black and white to me he was the asshole. 

I agree with Dennis. If it was me, and he offered to reimburse me the extra $36 that I paid for this seat, I would have given him the seat, but not accepted his money.

58 minutes ago, rando said:

If the average sized American is forced to buy two seats to accomodate their girth I see no reason that the average height Dutch shouldn't do the same.  ;)

I hope that you aren't suggesting that your average U.S. citizen is a fat slob ? :o

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

This is why I want my own plane...

Run for POTUS !

Admin

Please put this thread out of it's misery !

It's not a good look for visitors.

Perhaps more to the point though , is how your Advertisers would feel about threads like this ?