IGNORED

What's the most common name on CA?

Cornan

Well there's a guy named Chris but let's say a wire short of a circuit wot. 

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

Hal (aka HAL) and Dave.

HAL

-IBM

Who still thinks Clarke/Kubrick did it on purpose even though they assisted with the movie and their  logo is in a 'shuttle' scene :)

They got their own back though. ILM (Industrial Light and Magic, what a strange 'coincidence') do the effects  for the Star Wars movies and it's not entirely Lucas' money or his returns :P

On 2/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, Cornan said:

I am confused. So many people is Alex, Michael, Brian, John or Larry.

Help me to sort this out. What are the most common real names of CA members and what should we call them? Not everyone could be just Alex right? WTH, I am Micael myself. 

some people use several names, e.g. Alex =Sandy

• 4 weeks later...

@christopher3393:Very funny-had nothing else to do while waiting for the next patient and am trying to work my way up to 1000 posts!

what amazes me sometimes when i answer these type of posts how quickly i get a response but when i ask something really serious or have an audiophile problem no one seems to answer-still think troll is best way to describe a lot of recent stuff sent to CA lately without naming names(to protect the innocent)

15 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@christopher3393:Very funny-had nothing else to do while waiting for the next patient and am trying to work my way up to 1000 posts!

what amazes me sometimes when i answer these type of posts how quickly i get a response but when i ask something really serious or have an audiophile problem no one seems to answer-still think troll is best way to describe a lot of recent stuff sent to CA lately without naming names(to protect the innocent)

Well said. I was kidding and was also thinking of Bob Stuart.

There is trolling and there is trolling.  All else being equal, the guy making a single completely debased comment meant to agitate less steady posters pales in comparison to the efforts put forth across multiple accounts with equally many long term campaigns against sane even tempered behavior.  Isn't that a personal bugaboo, Christopher?

I won't attempt to answer for him.  In the past a contingent of users have voiced discontent with his ideals and constructions that move discourse towards less liberally unrestrained free for alls everyone should by dint of observation know better than to enter if they have feelings. 

Whether or not this opposing force overtakes ability of the entire forum to operate is a matter of varied opinion.  Also he is a moderator or holds some other high level position.  Thus has some term to fulfill where disruptions occur.