IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

For those who have purchased an SR4T, do they have variable voltage? It is not mentioned on the website, but the photo shows this feature.

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

1 hour ago, Oepsie said:

Got to try another mains cable tonight with my sr4t. Annoyingly, the difference was clear. Better tonal balance, more natural timbre, better control of the bass.

Still trying to figure out why a better cable makes a difference on the lps of a streaming device... sigh.. 🤯

So, what cable did you try?

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

• 8 months later...

I'm using an SR4T with my ER and it brought a very nice improvement in overall sound quality. I've read a few posts that say the Farad PS is better but I have no idea as I've only heard the SR4T. Good luck in your search.

• 1 year later...

Great that Paul is still out there and taking care of his customers. I have an SR4T myself and love it.

I think that Paul is still making custom power supplies like the SR7? I thought that the LLC that was making all the stock power supplies was what went out of business.

@auricgoldfinger Can you clarify for us?