IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

On 25/02/2018 at 4:51 PM, rickca said:

Paul does sell DC leads for the SR4.  

DC3CXLR annealed copper with Teflon insulation for SR4, SR5, SR7 £055

DC3FSXLR annealed fine silver with Teflon insulation for SR4, SR5, SR7 £090

What would the benefit of the silver cable be?  Would there be an audible benefit that justifies the increased costs?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I'm enjoying my SR4, on my Chord Qutest DAC I feel I have lost some of the sparkle/air around the instruments/voices that I heard with the stock power supply.  Paul assures me this will improve as the SR4 burns in, but currently I'm undecided and hoping things do indeed improve with burn in.

Emcee.  I'm going to audition the Curious USB cable, as I've read great things about it and it' supposed to be quite a "sparkly" cable, but in a good way.  I'm keen to see if introducing this into my audio chain will bring back that missing airiness, without sacrificing the additional weight that the SR4 has brings.  I'll let you know how that goes.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, beautiful music said:

Is there any update for SR4 powering your Chrod Qutest?

I'm still running the SR4 powering my Chord Qutest.  Even after burning in, I still am missing some of the air/sparkle evident with the standard PSU, however the sound is definitely fuller and more impactful with the SR4.  I might be tempted at a later date to at least trial an LPS 1.2 to see how it differs sonically from the SR4.  I have no intention of selling the SR4, but I'm still not 100% sure it's the optimum PSU for my Qutest.  Time and further trials will tell.