IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

I've been using the SR4 with the Silver DC cable (teflon coated) and it was always a bit on the bright side. After reading that the SR4 performs better with a high-end power cable, i plugged a spare Shunyata Sigma Digital cable into it and through the Shunyata Denali and everything snapped into place with much more weight and bass definition together with those accurate mids and highs. I am powering an EtherRegen with it and, yes, it is a tad "better" than the Ultracap LPS-1.2 it replaced and way ahead of the supplied power brick.

Regards

GG

4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

It sounds like you are saying that the SR4 needed a better power cord for it be a "tad" better the LPS-1.2 on the EtherRegen.  Am I interpreting that correctly?

I'm trying to figure out which power supply I'd like to purchase for my ER.  

Yes @kennyb123, it doesn't come with a power cable so I used a standard cable for my region and with the silver DC cable it needed to be tamed and the Shunyata Sigma cable did that for me in my system. It did bring the weight to the equation too which is what I think is the main difference between the LPS-1.2 and the SR4.

I upgraded my LPS-1.2 with the Ghent Audio Gotham DC cable which is probably why the SR4 was only a "tad" better in the lower end.

I already had the LPS-1.2 to run my UltraRendu and when the EtherREGEN performed better with a better power supply I needed to purchase another so I chose the SR4 this time so I had a platform for comparison. Either unit is good for the EtherREGEN and much better than the power brick that comes with the EtherRegen.

Regards

GG

20 hours ago, beautiful music said:

For those who purchased recently what's the lead time to deliver?

Around 3 months. Would have been 2 weeks shorter if Malaysian Customs had been able to locate and process my package for the import taxes. The positive takeaway is that I got great exercise walking between the isolated desks and buildings of the various process points that do not talk to each other to give a good customer experience.

The production month given is the very end of that month or the first week of the new month. For example, If they give you an April production month, it will not be built until 30th April or, say 5th May, then they despatch through the post. So 3 months is not unreasonable to expect given their remoteness. Great guys to deal with in my experience.

Regards

GG