IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

42 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Hi Dev,

No, I haven't had the time to try 12 volts with the SR4. Maybe this week.

I don't run my I7 at high power on the server or endpoint so don't know the answer, but would be surprised if the SR4 couldn't handle turbo mode. Why do you need turbo mode?

Larry

Larry, thanks for the replied. When you get a chance to compare between 12 & 19, pls let us know. On the turbo mode, just curious to see how much is SR4 capable when the i7 NUC is run as a server and in turbo mode. I have noticed that DSD256 upsampling (though I don't use it these days) suffers without turbo mode enabled.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, str-1 said:

The SR4T-19 I ordered on 9th March arrived today along with the new Upocc cables that PHD Ltd can now supply (not yet up on the website).  I already have the 2.1mm/2.5mm silver cables that came with my first SR4 and just wanted some good copper options.

4DE851A9-BEBC-4164-8263-870780426E43.jpeg

Cool. I have ordered one on March 10th but haven't received any shipment information yet. Are you located in US ?

11 minutes ago, internethandle said:

FWIW I ordered my SR4ST-12 on 02/17, and it was shipped on 04/17. I'm located in Southern California. This is about in line with current timetables for SR4's from this thread and elsewhere, with an approximate 8 week order to ship date, so I wouldn't worry much as long as you hear something by the second week of May or so. Personally, I was impressed Stephen has been able to stick to typical build times given he's essentially flying solo amid COVID-19!

No, I am absolutely not worried. I was just curious that someone ordered on March 09th, got their stuff now. Yeah, Stephen is all solo at this point and I hope he is keeping safe and taking all the correct precautions he can.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, mikicasellas said:

Guys,

Im about to pull the trigger on a SR4T to power a JCAT XE adding a DXP-1A5DSC

Have anyone tried the New Neotech UPOCC copper cable that PH is delivering now compared with the Ghent DC-7N16C Neotech UPOCC 7N Copper 16AWG DC(JSSG360) Cable ?

15 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

The neotech UPOCC is nice - we use it for internal connections in the Optimo 3 Duo PSU. 

Is this the solid core with Teflon insulation ?

• 1 year later...