IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

5 minutes ago, HeeBroG said:

Was your NUCi7 previously powered by an LPS1.2?

Is your SR4/19V switchable?

If so does the +7V account for the improvement vs LPS1.2?

G

Yes my SR4 is running at 19 volts.

As the stock Intel power supply is also 19 volts it could be that the board runs best at 19 volts rather than 12 volts. Perhaps some level of tuning or calibration is at play here. I don't know. 

If I can find the time, I'll lower the voltage on the SR4 to 12 volts and have a listen.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

41 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

@lmitche Thanks for the repot. For an ideal PSU to power the i7 NUC, how much headroom/max current supply capability is ideal? In that regard, do you think SR4 has enough of that headroom? Is something like 3.5A is enough for i7 NUC?

One amp at 12 volts will power a NUCI7 depending on how it is configured, ram size, etc. In low power mode the processor will run at 9 watts.

22 minutes ago, Dev said:

Larry, have to tried powering the i7 NUC with SR-4 at 12v ? How big is the difference between 19v and 12v ?

Also, can a SR-4 at 12v power i7 NUC running at high performance mode (as server) ?

Hi Dev,

No, I haven't had the time to try 12 volts with the SR4. Maybe this week.

I don't run my I7 at high power on the server or endpoint so don't know the answer, but would be surprised if the SR4 couldn't handle turbo mode. Why do you need turbo mode?

Larry

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Darryl R said:

Getting to that point, but there's a slight uptick:

image.png.bace3fc6ea0a24e915a2d9736bf564c4.png

The long term mean reversion GBP/USD rate is 1.67 , so 1.31 is historically low. 1.31 was the GBP/USD rate level in June of 2016 after the results of the Brexit referendum.

It's a good time to buy goods from the UK with US dollars, but that could change by the morning.