IGNORED

McIntosh d1100 "fade-in" problem

Yeah it does... A lot of the software out there can convert DSD on the fly to 192/24 or 96/24 etc I'm not sure if I had it on random between DSD and DSD as 192 if I'd really notice. If I'm really, really anal I might say DSD is a little smoother but I don't remember the last time I really focused on that. I have maybe 20 DSD albums, and whatever improvement there may have been it wasn't enough to make me go buy a bunch of new DSD albums. Instead I stream a lot of Tidal and Qobuz hi-res now so DSD use isn't really a factor. Getting the K-03x with DSD specifically was more fear of missing out. If I remember right the K-03 without DSD can also act as a preamp while the K-03x does not. Grand scheme of things that may be a cooler long term feature for a second room if the esoteric ever gets replaced in your system.

For my time my OCD ness is better spent A/Bing the Esoteric to the D1100 with different interconnects and speaker cables. It's probably 80% Esoteric / 20% D1100. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought the Mytek Brooklyn + and it solved all of my problems, plus it sounds better, too! (Better clarity and detail.)

B&W 803D3 speakers

McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp

Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Chord Qutest DAC

VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Sennheiser HD800s, Audyssey LCD-xC headphones