IGNORED

McIntosh d1100 "fade-in" problem

@joey_corleone It's the McIntosh USB ASIO driver.  My D150 does the same thing.  Went through 3 firmware versions - a PITA because you have to change the chip not just update by USB or something - and that was the best they could get to.  It's usually just the first track for me, whole albums play through after that.

@joey_corleone Apparently it’s the whole USB implementation, then.  It’s the same one in all of their DACs.  The DSD popping was the reason they did the “fade in”.   I understood at the time that it was due to the trigger level they set to determine if their was a data stream to unmute.  Popping is due to the relays. 

6 hours ago, joey_corleone said:

Did you end up keeping your d150 and finding any kind of solution?

I’ve kept it because I have the MCT450 for CD/SACDs that I haven’t ripped yet.   I use my Lampizator Golden Atlantic and a dCS Debussy now for USB through the network.  Neither of those have that issue using the same player software and NAA renderers.  (Win 10 NUCs and SoTM 200 Ultra/txUSB Ultra)

Still have that delayed fade in on the D150.  It’s a great sounding DAC so I could overlook it - but the D150 only does it on the first song with HQPlayer - so it’s not too annoying.