IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, sahmen said:

One more thing:  the audio chain I'm thinking about serving with the 1.2 is curently:

Ultrarendu as Roon endpoint (Powered by LPS-1, energized by Teradak PS) ==>> Yggdrasil (USB5, awaiting upgrade to Analog 2)

If anyone has the experience of the sonic benefits of an LPS-1.2 upgrade in such a chain, could you kindly share your impressions?

Thanks.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,  

I have the UltraRendu (Roon) and Yggy Analog 2.  I upgraded from LPS-1 to LPS-1.2.  My incoherent ramblings can be found on Page 10 of this thread.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 1 month later...

I bought the Ghent Gotham JSSG 360, for my main system, installed between my LPS 1.2 and UltraRendu.  It was good, but I preferred my silver DC cable.  I didn't care much for what it did to high frequencies (I found it introduced some glare/hardness to the treble, which is a non-starter for me), but other sonic aspects were very good.

I then loaned this cable to AustinPop and he also preferred his silver DC cable to the Ghent Gotham.   

My Ghent Gotham now resides in my office setup, powering an Iso Regen, where it is working fine, but I need to do some comparisons in that setup to my Ghent DC-04, as I am still thinking I am not in love with the treble.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

11 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Blake, do you mind letting me know where you purchased the silver DC cable?  

Hi Tommy, it is from Revelation Audio Labs, but honestly, I would not order from them because I have heard of others ordering from them and never receiving product.  I am one of the lucky ones.  My cable was a special "one-off" super build he did for me for organizing a group buy.  It is great, but I don't want anyone to be disappointed.  

Austinpop mentions the maker of his silver cable in the "novel way to massively improve.." thread.  I seem to recall it was a Canadian company?

Check your pm's, since I know you well, I would be happy to lend the Gotham to you if you would like.

Hi Alex,  I am having some problems with my LPS 1.2.  The 1.2 has been in my system since April, powering an UltraRendu with no issues.  I leave my system powered on at all times.

This weekend I noticed the 1.2 had a solid red LED, and no power was getting to the UltraRendu.  The 1.2 was also hot (too hot to touch for more than a couple seconds).  Previously, the 1.2 was never more than mildly warm.  

I unplugged the 1.2 many times to reset it.  Each time, the LED eventually starts blinking red non-stop and won't power the UltraRendu.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, Superdad said:

Hi Blake:

Sounds like your unit has failed.  Please send us an e-mail (via https://uptoneaudio.com/pages/contact-us if you don't already have my private e-mail address) and we can replace your LPS-1.2 right away.

New replacement LPS 1.2 received.  Thanks for the super fast turnaround and excellent customer service!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 9:18 AM, Jgwtriode said:

On another 1.2 tangent.  Vibration isolation.  Does the 1.2 benefit from such?  Yes it does. 

I am using a trio of Stillpoints Ultra Minis, and I also placed a small disc shaped weight on top of the LPS 1.2 to add some weight.  

• 1 year later...

Hi Alex,

I seem to be having an issue with my LPS 1.2.  It has been powering my UltraRendu.  The other day I wasn't getting any sound, and I checked the UltraRendu and it was not getting any power.  I then checked the LPS 1.2 and noticed the LED light was solid red/orange (I know it is supposed to go Red, then Orange, then Green, so I assume it is Red, but it looks more red/orange to me).  I unplugged the charging unit and then plugged it in again, the red/orange LED comes on, but it just stays the same color.  I also tried turning the power button on and off on the LPS 1.2, but that is not working.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

try another power supply to confirm the power supply is not the issue (instead of the lps-1.2)

Good point, I forgot to mention I ended up with two identical Uptone charging supplies and tried both, so I was able to determine the charging supply is not the problem.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Hi Blake:

Please shoot me a note (via our contact page or my private e-mail which I think you already have) and we will get your unit back to us for test and quick exchange.

Thanks,

ALEX

Hi Alex, will do.