IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Received LPS-1.2 x 2 today, for PS Audio LANRover and Iso Regen, replacing LPS-1 in both cases. After a quick listen, things sound more expansive, but in my experience it takes a few days for things to settle down with the LPS power supplies — all of a sudden, there’s a huge improvement in bass and smoothness. Will report back in due course.

I’m using a Chord DAVE DAC.

@pl-svn: I have a friend here in the UK who wants to get a Qutest, but he’s been told they won’t be available until June/July, so I was surprised you’d got your hands on one. Since I’m thinking about selling one of my LPS-1s to him, how do you make the connection to the rear of the Qutest, which seems to have aa micro USB input for the power supplY?

It’s taken 4/5 days for my LPS-1.2 x 2 to burn in. I’m using them with a PS Audio LANRover and Iso Regen, replacing 2 x LPS-1. I could talk about increased clarity, weight and texture, but the best way to put it is that you get whatever you were before, but more of it. A worthwhile upgrade. For what it’s worth, I’ve not noticed any difference in temperature, but that’s on the basis of a hand test only. 

I’m using a Chord DAVE, which notwithstanding Rob Watts’ claims, is sensitive to the quality of the upstream signal. In fairness, I don’t think he’s tried any USB devices apart from the Jitterbug, but he does recognise that battery power can improve matters. The DAVE is sensitive to RF on its ground plane.