IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

My 1.2 arrived today and I’m using it to power a Chord 2Qute at 12v.  It’s replacing an iFi.

Didn’t have a ton of time for detailed listening tonight, but can already tell it’s a worthwhile improvement.  The 2Qute has good filtering, but even so, with the LPS 1.2 I’m now clearly getting more of all the good stuff.  Tighter and more defined bass, improved imaging, more mid-range fullness and resonance, elimination of a bit of treble harshness I’d get on some songs, etc.

I now have the key upstream components on quality power (AO optimized NUC server on sPS-500 at 19V, mR w clock upgrade on LPS-1, and 2Qute on LPS-1.2).  Well on my way to being off the grid! 

1 hour ago, Chris_B said:

I was skeptical that the power source for the ultraRendu acting as a Roon endpoint would make a difference.  A new PS for the DAC causing a noticeable improvement would make sense.  If anyone would like to comment on why a good PS for the ethernet endpoint would change the sound other than psychosomatically, please post a reply.

For me, getting clean power on the streamer was just as impactful as on the DAC.  My understanding from what I've learned from reading others here at CA is that noisy (EMI and RFI) power can flow through the streamer to the DAC and thus ends up affecting the analog output.  And filtering and isolation techniques in DACs are not 100%.