IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

On 2/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, jjraffin said:

Can I politely ask - if users of the LPS-1.2 are using it to power their DACs, can you please mention the DAC model? I don't want to derail the thread, but getting information about which quality DACs can be powered by the 1.1A would be helpful (and Alex it might generate more LPS-1.2 sales...)

HDTA Serenade Pro, SMSL M8, SMSL M8A, SMSL M9, SMSL Sanskrit 6th, and Muse TDA 1543's. The HDTA Serenade Pro being powered by a LPS-1 (shunted) is very good. I am looking forward to the upgraded LPS-1.2.

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, gstew said:

Over the last 2 years I've tried LPS-1s & LPS-1.2s on both my switches and FMCs with success.

Then in the last year, based on recommendations here on CA and at the urging of my friend Ryelands (who posts here too and had tried them), I switched to Delock FMCs and ZyXEL switches and preferred them over the TP-Link & Trendnet FMCs and Cisco & Netgear switches I'd used earlier.

THEN again following Dave, I added a 3.3V regulator board at the power feed input of the Delocks (I used an ADM715x-based regulator, Dave used an LT3045-based one) and changed my input connection so I could easily feed it from an LPS-1/1.2. Both were definite improvements and currently I power my ZyXEL switch (unmodified) with an LPS-1 and my Delock endpoint FMC with an LPS-1.2.

Definite improvements.

AND I'm eagerly awaiting the new Uptone EtherRegen!!!

Greg in Mississippi

Which Zyxel switch are you employing?

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Haimsh said:

Hi there

did anyone compare LPS 1.2 to JS-2?

I have IFI PRO IDSD. I want to upgrade it.

Shouild I buy Ultracap or Js-2?

Input voltage (Pro iDSD):

DC 9V/6.7A – 18V/3.35A

LPS 1.2 won't power the unit.