IGNORED

Understanding Sample Rate

3 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Didn't work, Sport. You just don't have an answer.

No !

Just like many other members , I would prefer not to even read your rants.

However, if they are directed at me I may sometimes feel obliged to give a cursory reply.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

17 minutes ago, sandyk said:

No !

Just like many other members , I would prefer not to even read your rants.

However, if they are directed at me I may sometimes feel obliged to give a cursory reply.

Make it as cursory as you want.

But if you make it totally irrelevant, as your last one  was, and drag in assorted 'passers by', as you also did,   to avoid  answering the  points,  it just makes you look like some sort of crank, and we wouldn't want that,  would we?

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

Make it as cursory as you want. But if you make it totally irrelevant, as your last one  was,   to avoid  answering the  points,  it just makes you look like some sort of crank, and we wouldn't want that,  would we?

I have no interest in anything you may have to say.

Is that plain enough ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I think the thread topic ran its course some time back when it became clear that Beerandmusic wasn't really interested in "understanding sample rate".

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

9 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

On a DAW, you can easily change the filter steepness and cutoff shift to achieve this and more:

filter_slow.thumb.jpg.afb2aeab711906faf5d5c8555e7e9556.jpg

funny, I use 20 steepness and .93 when I upsample PCM.  Though I don't have the interface for iZotope SRC, I achieved my Audirvana settings by looking at the RTA in fabfilter to observe rolloff frequency and noted associated aliasing.  Took me an hour to get what you seem to have modeled out in mere seconds!

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, Spacehound said:

What British hifi industry?  At a quick 'offhand' look there is   only Arcam (partly), Linn, and Sugden.

ATC

Bowers and Wilkins

Chord Electronics

Chord Cables

Creek

Michelle Engineering

Musical Fidelity

Cyrus

Castle

Celestion

dCS

Exposure

Gale

Harbeth

KEF (Muon, Blade and Reference made in UK)

Linn

Mission

Monitor Audio

Mordant Short

Naim

ProAc

Quad

Rega

Sugden

Tannoy

Wharfedale

Wilson Benesh

Plus a few more....

OK, many of the above have overseas owners or investment, many manufacture in the far east, at least in part.  We live in a globalised world.  In the UK we also make more cars now that ever, such as Honda Civics, Nissans, Toyotas and Mini's which are really small BMW's.  Jaguar has Indian owners, Rolls Royce and Bently have German owners, It's the way of the world and unlikely to change.  It's all good, we are all friends now.

We also make this......:)

Mclaren.JPG

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

36 minutes ago, Confused said:

ATC

Bowers and Wilkins

Chord Electronics

Chord Cables

Creek

Michelle Engineering

Musical Fidelity

Cyrus

Castle

Celestion

dCS

Exposure

Gale

Harbeth

Linn

Mission

Monitor Audio

Mordant Short

Naim

ProAc

Quad

Rega

Sugden

Tannoy

Wharfedale

Wilson Benesh

Plus a few more....

OK, many of the above have overseas owners or investment, many manufacture in the far east, at least in part.  We live in a globalised world.  In the UK we also make more cars now that ever, such as Honda Civics, Nissans, Toyotas and Mini's which are really small BMW's.  Jaguar has Indian owners, Rolls Royce and Bently have German owners, It's the way of the world and unlikely to change.  It's all good, we are all friends now.

Mclaren.JPG

Most of then aren't 'British' at all.  EG - Bentleys are just a fancy body on a Vollkswagen Phaeton. And some of the others don't exist.

Chord Cables have got nothing to do with High Fidelity.

Who 'assembles' that horrible looking 'car'? :D 

15 minutes ago, Norton said:

Audiomods

Audionote

Audio Origami

Crimson Audio

Croft

Decca London Cartridges

DNM

Helius

Isokinetik

LFD

Loricraft/Garrard

Lowther

NVA

Origin Live 

Rocksan

Townshend 

Vertere

Put all of them together and their 'factories'  would fit in my garden shed.

I noticed that we don't even know  how to make  toilet and kitchen  paper. Most of it  comes all the  way from the USA.

23 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Most of then aren't 'British' at all.  EG - Bentleys are just a fancy body on a Vollkswagen Phaeton. And some of the others don't exist.

Chord Cables have got nothing to do with High Fidelity.

Who 'assembles' that horrible looking 'car'? :D 

Yes, as I mentioned Bently are German owned now, and how much BMW you get in your Rolls Royce depends on which model you buy, but on the flip side, the Mercedes F1 car and Engine are British built, albiet by a very international team of engineers.  It's all part of the free market economy, make the world great again.!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

1 hour ago, Confused said:

ATC

Bowers and Wilkins

Chord Electronics

Chord Cables

Creek

Michelle Engineering

Musical Fidelity

Cyrus

Castle

Celestion

dCS

Exposure

Gale

Harbeth

Linn

Mission

Monitor Audio

Mordant Short

Naim

ProAc

Quad

Rega

Sugden

Tannoy

Wharfedale

Wilson Benesh

Plus a few more....

Mclaren.JPG

The UK also makes these..

cd025726e4af47a5026aa9bff36e8638.jpg

Living Voice - Vox Olympian. Yours for 350,000 UKP. I'd buy them if I won the lottery.

56 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Put all of them together and their 'factories'  would fit in my garden shed.

I noticed that we don't even know  how to make  toilet and kitchen  paper. Most of it  comes all the  way from the USA.

How big is your shed?:|  In other news, I have just had the need to use some toilet paper, and with my curiosity peaked by your post, I checked for the country of manufacture, and all it says is "Manufactured for Waitrose", which while quite posh, leaves me none the wiser.  It's pretty good paper though, I'm very happy with it.

29 minutes ago, audiventory said:

Today morning I published the article, where sigma-delta and R2R based DACs are compared https://samplerateconverter.com/educational/r2r-ladder-dac-vs-sigma-delta

DAC comparison infographic from the article:
r2r-ladder-dac-vs-sdm-vs-dsd-dac.png

Thanks, I'm enjoying the read.

I don't like the formatting though, it's very hard to read.

Can you restrict the frame width so that a line of text is not as wide as the display screen?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Thank you @semente.

3 minutes ago, semente said:

Can you restrict the frame width so that a line of text is not as wide as the display screen?

Do you mean page size view of my site at your device?

Could you give me screen resolution of your device (here or to private message)?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

5 minutes ago, audiventory said:

Thank you @semente.

Do you mean page size view of my site at your device?

Could you give me screen resolution of your device (here or to private message)?

The resolution is 1920 x 1080.

In this example you will see what I mean:

5a9141f74ec64_ScreenShot2018-02-24at10_42_53.thumb.png.1359c1b1dec5639a472eabc39d30074e.png

P.S.: can you limit the width to 1200 tops?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

23 minutes ago, Confused said:

How big is your shed?:|  In other news, I have just had the need to use some toilet paper, and with my curiosity peaked by your post, I checked for the country of manufacture, and all it says is "Manufactured for Waitrose", which while quite posh, leaves me none the wiser.  It's pretty good paper though, I'm very happy with it.

Mine's got Theresa May's picture on every sheet.

When  her Whelk stall fails she could be next week's  MQA shill on here. That will match her 'abilities' perfectly.

2 hours ago, semente said:

can you limit the width to 1200 tops?

Thank you for information.
I understand, that you meant.
I will think how to limit text panel at my site.
Tops are pixels?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature