IGNORED

I Now Consider The Stereophile Staff Snake Oil Salesmen

3 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I agree there's nuance to the discussion/debate around analog vs. digital.  But as long as we're trying to "complete" or "correct" the premises, consumerism and the psychology surrounding it should be in the mix as well.  My experience in audio forums is that the zeal with which someone argues one side or the other is directly proportional to how much they've invested in analog vs. digital.  It's pretty easy to spot "Team Analog" and "Team Digital".  There are others who see their gear as a mere appliance (like a toaster or microwave) and leave those debates to audio forums.

I've personally always seen the various flavors of, "scientists don't know everything" as way to dodge reality.  There is a bona fide "faith" aspect to audiophilia that derives from the narcissistic trappings of consumerism.   And both Team Analog and Team Digital worship at their respective altars.

I think my statements were pretty clear.  I am into digital 100 percent, but I'm also into honesty, as well as being curious about things that the digital sampling process doesn't capture.  Those could be good things or bad things or otherwise, but it doesn't cost me much time to read about it and consider.

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

Dale, you're one of the angriest people I've encountered on this forum. Perhaps you should start by taking a look at your own attitude.

That's a perfect example of your own anger and misrepresentation.  Now before your reputation goes into the dumper, you might reconsider, or provide proof.

2 minutes ago, dalethorn said:

There you go -another personal attack with zero context.

The fact that folks stopped participating in that thread should have told you something.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

The fact that folks stopped participating in that thread should have told you something.

It should have told you something.

1) JRMC could not make a proper conversion of DSD, as I could rip from the CD layer of a SACD disc, when such disc is available.

2) People from Stereophile, JRiver, and CA all offered suggestions, and none of them worked.

Conclusion: A simple failure indicating (based on all of the help) a design problem.

1 minute ago, dalethorn said:

I practically invented computers.  That makes you a "user".

It was the  British post office, in about 1942, guided by Alan Turing.

I've been developing/testing   computers for 40 years.  Proper ones, no toy ones. They run the world (not that I'm too happy with that).

And I wus playing with a non-existent one a couple of days ago, as were/are  50 plus Fortune 500 corporations.

Your turn to piss :)

2 hours ago, Indydan said:

Yes, like surface noise, clicks, pops and static. I really do miss those things...

I get my fix from modern electronic music which very often incorporates such things and as a foundation of the music itself.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Just now, Spacehound said:

It was the  British post office, in about 1942, guided by Alan Turing.

I've been developing/testing   computers for 40 years.  Proper ones, no toy ones. They run the world (not that I'm too happy with that).

And I wus playing with a non-existent one a couple of days ago, as were/are  50 plus Fortune 500 corporations.

Your turn to piss :)

Refer to previous post.  I.e., you're welcome to show off your work.

4 minutes ago, dalethorn said:

It should have told you something.

1) JRMC could not make a proper conversion of DSD, as I could rip from the CD layer of a SACD disc, when such disc is available.

2) People from Stereophile, JRiver, and CA all offered suggestions, and none of them worked.

Conclusion: A simple failure indicating (based on all of the help) a design problem.

9781997_orig.thumb.jpg.5594854904c4fcdd879fdc6880d05278.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull