IGNORED

I Now Consider The Stereophile Staff Snake Oil Salesmen

9 minutes ago, eclectic said:

it It's both according to wiki. Though in my area it's used for both. 

wiki definition

5 minutes ago, mansr said:

Oxford Dictionary agrees: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prat

Tw*t is a synonym for c*nt (in both the anatomical and pejorative senses), not to be confused with twit, which only means a foolish person.

There was an Italian  car named after that, but they changed  slightly  for the UK because  it might upset the  girl you tried to 'pick up'  in it. Which is what the car was for.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

I've never heard anyone say pratt with a double T. If prat didn't mean arse, you wouldn't have the word pratfall.

Fair enough, but if i were to say the pratt, everyone would know i was meaning the front bottom. I have never heard it used for the rear end - everyone i know would use arse, bum, bottom, or rear end. 

Just now, Shadders said:

Fair enough, but if i were to say the pratt, everyone would know i was meaning the front bottom. I have never heard it used for the rear end - everyone i know would use arse, bum, bottom, or rear end. 

I've rarely heard anyone use that word all, one T or two, front or rear. Perhaps it's regional.

23 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Pace, Rhythm, and Timing.

ah...  I have to say I always thought that better equipment would not improve those aspects - for decades.

I changed my mind after upgrading speakers and pre-amp (to Maggie 3.7i and ARC LS-25 mk II).  Big surprise but that is the best subjective description - what is really going on psycho-acoustically is a mystery to me.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:29 PM, Brinkman Ship said:

JVS is like the lobotomized member of a quasi religious cult. He repeats his MQA mantras daily while drooling into his bib. His lecture to Jerome was hysterical.

On a positive note, I've purchased about 1/3 of the albums he recommended, which is better than average for me.

2 hours ago, Spacehound said:

Do they have to play an instrument? Or is it like this "History of  Art" stuff?

They have to be take classes that cover being able to play and teach every instrument at least at a beginning level... after all these are future band and orchestra teachers for grades 3-12. And you generally don't get into a good music education department without being excellent playing at least 1 instrument or as a singer as you have to participate in the performing groups of the music department.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system