IGNORED

I Now Consider The Stereophile Staff Snake Oil Salesmen

I tried reading the MQA articles in this month’s Stereophile. Could not follow the message. 

I do want to see the detailed timing measurements and graphs. The first article on timing confused me. The tests seemed thorough just could not decipher the conclusion.  

I too never listen to MQA material or hardware. So have no opinion on sound quality or accuracy.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

7 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Your best post of the month!B|

GUTB no longer replies to my posts.

The most generous explanation I can think of is  that I'm on his  ignore list.

(There is a long established  and very 'expert'  'CA Guru' with  a warehouse  full of equipment just to play a tune, who did that when I questioned his omnipotence, me being a mere embryo in his eyes.)

6 hours ago, Spacehound said:

GUTB no longer replies to my posts.

The most generous explanation I can think of is  that I'm on his  ignore list.

(There is a long established  and very 'expert'  'CA Guru' with  a warehouse  full of equipment just to play a tune, who did that when I questioned his omnipotence, me being a mere embryo in his eyes.)

Diana Krall, "Keith Don't Go" by Nils Lofgren, Chesky crap, or Jennifer Warnes?

11 hours ago, Indydan said:

First of all, I am not, and have never been part of a cult. Not here, nor anywhere else.

Now, do you have proof Brinkman Ship lied? If so, please present it. Of course I do not believe everything I read in Internet forums. I do find Brinkman Ship's story a little too convenient. But, since I have no proof he lied, I do not accuse him. I also did not drop down on my knees to praise him for his anti MQA test results. I am anti MQA for many reasons, and was long before Brinkman Ship showed up on CA.

The anti MQA threads here on CA are numerous and very long. I don't have the time or desire, to call out every single person who appears suspicious. That doesn't mean I agree with everything that is posted; even if a comment is posted by someone who is anti MQA like I am. Just because I live in or near the same village, doesn't mean I will drink the Kool-aid. 

Most anti MQA posters are very reasonable. I wish all of them were. When an anti MQA poster goes over the top, or rants stupidities, he gives the pro MQA cartel ammunition to discredit all of us anti MQA people. The MQA people will not debate MQA on a technical level, because they know they will lose. That is why they resort to attacking the character of the anti MQA crowd. They attack the messenger, not the message.

Every time an anti MQA poster talks out of his ass, responds with too much anger, or personally attacks an MQA enthusiast,  he or she HELPS the other side. 

He claims that he and his buddy listened to multiple versions of 50 albums in 8-10 hours.  Simple math shows that his claims are highly dubious.

Let's assume, Brinkman and his buddy listened to one song per album and they never performed listening tests on the same songs.

1 file / album  x 50 albums = 50 files

They listened to at least two versions of the files (MQA and non MQA).  On some files, they also listened to vinyl versions.

50 files x 2 versions = 100 files

Since this was a critical listening test, they matched volumes and presumably took notes.  Let's assume they spent 5-10 minutes on each file or 7.5 minutes.

100 files x 7.5 minutes / file = 750 minutes or 12.5 hours.  

This is assuming Brinkman and his buddy never performed listening tests on the same song which is highly unlikely.  

1 minute ago, patagent said:

He claims that he and his buddy listened to multiple versions of 50 albums in 8-10 hours.  Simple math shows that his claims are highly dubious.

Let's assume, Brinkman and his buddy listened to one song per album and they never performed listening tests on the same songs.

1 file / album  x 50 albums = 50 files

They listened to at least two versions of the files (MQA and non MQA).  On some files, they also listened to vinyl versions.

50 files x 2 versions = 100 files

Since this was a critical listening test, they matched volumes and presumably took notes.  Let's assume they spent 5-10 minutes on each file or 7.5 minutes.

100 files x 7.5 minutes / file = 750 minutes or 12.5 hours.  

This is assuming Brinkman and his buddy never performed listening tests on the same song which is highly unlikely.  

What you say makes sense. But it still isn't proof he lied. I wish he would list the 50 albums he listened to in order to help his case. 

15 minutes ago, Indydan said:

What you say makes sense. But it still isn't proof he lied. I wish he would list the 50 albums he listened to in order to help his case. 

I won't say a listening test didn't take place.  But putting aside  biases, it's clear to me he has a calculated agenda.

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

You've got it exactly.

True story...NYC dealer who had a customer who bought a 250K system...owned 5 CDs.

Played them over and over because they made his system sound "good"...his children threatened

to destroy the system if he ever played those 5 again..3 were Diana Krall.

(Nothing against her, great artist, if rather bland, but it is not her fault she became Audiophile

demo dreck)

5 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Another newbie Sock Puppet sent to attack the credibility of a poster who has decided MQA is a scam. Been there done that, eh?

Huh?  I don't like MQA.  I use Tidal but choose to actively avoid streaming MQA content.  Putting aside my biases against MQA, I can clearly see that your story doesn't hold water.

13 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

True story...NYC dealer who had a customer who bought a 250K system...owned 5 CDs.

Played them over and over because they made his system sound "good"...his children threatened

to destroy the system if he ever played those 5 again..3 were Diana Krall.

(Nothing against her, great artist, if rather bland, but it is not her fault she became Audiophile

demo dreck)

A lot of audiophiles are far more interested in their equipment than music, (count 'gear' posts vs music posts) and Krall in particular is the proof -  a minute  of YouTube was enough for me. Not incompetent like so many,  but as bland as baby food. I've never heard of the bloke.