IGNORED

Fidelizer vs Audiophile Optimizer (on W10 Enterprise Edition)

JJarego

I've just completed the process of putting together a dedicated machine to run Roon + HQPlayer. I'm upsampling everything to DSD 512 (which I feed into a T+A DAC 8 DSD). 

The OS is W10 (Enterprise) and I've already removed a lot of applications which I will not be using (like One Drive, Skype et al).

In this context, and while I'm in awe with the SQ, I would like to get the last drop of performance and Fidelizer or Audiophile Optimizer seem to be the most widely used options. Which one do you think will work best with W10?

Thanks!:)

7 minutes ago, JJarego said:

I've just completed the process of putting together a dedicated machine to run Roon + HQPlayer. I'm upsampling everything to DSD 512 (which I feed into a T+A DAC 8 DSD). 

The OS is W10 (Enterprise) and I've already removed a lot of applications which I will not be using (like One Drive, Skype et al).

In this context, and while I'm in awe with the SQ, I would like to get the last drop of performance and Fidelizer or Audiophile Optimizer seem to be the most widely used options. Which one do you think will work best with W10?

Thanks!:)

I have both and they work quite well with W10

Yes both work really nice together. I would start first with AO enjoy it for a bit and then install Fidelizer to see its impact. AO takes away the digital harshness and improves everything, black background, instrument separation and natural vocals. Fidelizer then takes all of these qualities to another level.

i use both on win10 -- agree that both add value.  i also agree with starting with a.o. and then adding in fidelizer.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 year later...

scripts to do the different steps (enable high performance power mode, disable driver/services etc.) it goes through you when running the optimiser? Probably , but you dont even need scripts, most of the stuff can done manually.

However there is definitely more important stuff going on under the hood that accounts for most of the difference, with non-''ultimate'' mode (cant remember the name) there was basically little to no improvement, ''ultimate'' mode made a more noticeable difference but the visible steps that optimiser went through in these modes didnt seem to change at all.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:13 AM, marko2791 said:

Windows 2012 BEST EVER

you can do what AO does with free scripts from the web

you can do what fidelizer does with minorityclean also free

MinorityClean doesn't have Fidelizer's core optimization features. I understand some people may presume Fidelizer with process and services optimizations for its core features but those are actually extras. There's also Fidelizer free version which works well with MinorityClean too even with basic Consumer level. You should try this combination with good free bit-perfect player software.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com