IGNORED

Fanfare For The Uncommon Band

rando

Those of you with a five figure album count and growing.  Inspire me through your selections which fall outside the established repertoire (or inside it but played in a manner unlikely to be duplicated) worthy of dusting off for a rare listen.  Fiscal value is to be ignored in favor the merits of a unique musical identity.  Vinyl, radio recordings, CD, downloads, anything worthy of revisiting and potentially introducing someone to a piece of music that would have languished unnoticed.  

This personal work by a master of the trumpet should help get the ball rolling.

41dVIwGeV8L._SY355_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If by "outside the established repertoire",  you mean works that it's unlikely you'll ever hear performed in concert, then for my tastes ( maybe not yours) the following composers are amongst those worth exploring if you don't know them already: Finzi, Moeran, Rubbra, Chadwick, Diamond, Arnell, Boughton, Myaskovsky, Balakirev, Tanayev.  

This side effort came about when it became clear the extent to which my "Album of the Evening" selections stood outside selecting the umpteenth recording of [ insert commonly performed composer here ] by the umpteenth conductor out of files currently online in the library of most contributors.  Though more accessible or culturally relevant albums are still posted in that thread irregularly by me.  I have no intent here beyond what was simply stated in my original post.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:33 PM, rando said:

Those of you with a five figure album count and growing.  Inspire me through your selections which fall outside the established repertoire (or inside it but played in a manner unlikely to be duplicated) worthy of dusting off for a rare listen.  Fiscal value is to be ignored in favor the merits of a unique musical identity.  Vinyl, radio recordings, CD, downloads, anything worthy of revisiting and potentially introducing someone to a piece of music that would have languished unnoticed.

The amount of composers you list that are performed might surprise you.  By my estimation they are solidly appreciated known composers of interesting compositions among informed and adventurous classical patrons.  Far outpacing the crowds a guy whistling his way around the Nordic countries draws.  

Please feel free to contribute anything you feel of suitable interest.  

• 9 months later...

C.A.W. works professionally in opera. This sounding out disc (I gather to be sent out with applications to educational programs) in the midst of switching from Bass to Baritone does not offer his vocal skills in mature form.  There are numerous other problems with the recording.  Filed this to test files under the auspices that even sub-par music should sound as it was recorded. Never know what fault an album like this might expose. 

Yes, this really is the album cover. 

1215181347.thumb.jpg.f9a1a63dd83c638d32ca9e76c6fc8683.jpg

Mr. George Willems is an esteemed citizen of Curacao of a civic minded bent. With almost certainty I can say proceeds from this Christmas album went towards feeding, clothing, and sheltering the poor in his native country.  "Let's make each day like Christmas" has actual meaning in this instance. 

1212181817a.thumb.jpg.2265bc3d4dae3e770a6a2b928d0c48bf.jpg