I am at the point where DAC and Server are the most important things to upgrade up to the same level of my Preamp, amp and speakers, i have just tried the Bricasti M5 which worked as a streamer from my MacMini, although the sound improved it was just a notch, at the same time the M5 arrived also a pair of Tellurium Ultra Black XLR's which made the bigger improvement over the M5, go figure, so i returned the M5 cause i don't think 2,000 usd were worth the little extra improvement, the same thing happened when i put a Microrendu more than one year ago, with lesser speakers i never found an improvement over my Mac mini. So now by these findings i am guessing a better DAC would do the upgrade iam looking for and from there perhaps a server/streamer like the Zenith MKII or viceversa

My actual server streamer is a Mac mini

Server will be a Zenith MKII

My actual DAC is the OPPO 205

I am interested on these DACS:

Yggy

VEGA G2

PS Junior

DENAFRIPS Terminator

So far price/performance wise, YGGY is the Schiit, but would going an extra 2,000 usd (aprox) over Yggy would worth to find a sound wise improvement with the other DACs mentioned here?

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

5 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

budget?  sounds like up to 4k maybe...

all source material Redbooky or some DSD?

does rock/pop include female acoustic vocals?

Hi Ralf11

Some DSD but mostly 16/44.1, 24/96 and 24/192 tops, 

Music: Police, Sting, Collins, Rush, Zeppelin, AC/DC, A-ha, Benatar, ZZ Top, Pear Jam and so on

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26