IGNORED

Listen For Your Self 2 Albums in HiRez and MQA

2 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

yes, I can't find it either. Strange. I actually bought the download last month, the only MQA download I have purchased.

Not so strange.  With Tidal (and streaming in general), albums come and go (and sometime come back again) all the time... 

edit:  I found the album, 16/44 - no MQA however, but again not surpising...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

6 minutes ago, Sonicularity said:

Why wouldn't the full process be revealed for verifying how each of the albums under test were obtained and how it was determined that identical masters were used?  From what I have seen from the analysis provided, it doesn't seem like much of anything would be audibly different between an MQA file and a non-MQA lossless file of the exact same master.   

Always the skeptic, this entire listening test seems suspect. 

ALL listening tests involving MQA are suspect because the "authenticated" part of MQA is garbage.  Maniandher used the 2L sources, which are probably the best way to do this, but then admits he has used Tidal as well.

I used a handful of albums that I have in >16/44 and the Tidal MQA versions, all of which I am reasonably convinced are the same master but then neither I nor anyone else can prove this with absolute certainty - it is in the end but an educated guess.

Note well, this situation benifits MQA and they have of course leveraged it in their own "demos"...

1 minute ago, manisandher said:

I just want to get this straight. The 24 bit download of Amadou & Mariam: La Confusion is better than the MQA download that you purchased... that doesn't actually exist.

Pathetic.

Mani.

I thought he said it was up in the past on the onkyo site but has since been removed...

3 minutes ago, manisandher said:

I'll assume it has never existed and that @Brinkman Ship is lying that he purchased the MQA download... until proof is shown otherwise.

Oh, by the way, I purchased the whole Beatles catalogue in MQA 24/356. But it's been taken down now.

This guy's a farce.

Mani.

I say the burden of proof is on you.  I have seen albums come and go on all the download sites, as have others noted even on this little thread.  You appear to be throwing out the baby (of this listening test) with the bath water... ;)