IGNORED

Blue or red pill?

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

That is the only way to make most E.E's change their minds in some areas.. A DIRECT Demonstration.

It took a direct demonstration to change the minds of 2 Sydney Au. E.E.s that I know personally.

Interesting Alex. I've offered to setup a direct demonstration for you but you have blanket refused any and all offerings. 

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

I hope for your sake this rabbit hole doesn't go as far as you (illegally) capturing the streamed bits from TIDAL, just so you can prove that they're exactly the same as the bits from the same named album track files stored on your NAS. Otherwise, how can you prove they're exactly the same bits?

Actually that sort of educational use is allowed in the U.S. Don't know about the U.K.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 1:38 PM, mansr said:

There are numerous ways of analysing the recorded data. The FFT is just one of many tools available. What I don't understand is your insistence of using an unsuitable test signal (music).

You could start with realizing that not everyone around here is a rational thinking participant. 

On 2/16/2018 at 4:47 PM, lmitche said:

Ok, so how do you perceive height with only two ear drums?

Because the sound is happening above as a direct point source. Then there is the ability to swivel the head to better align the ears to track. 

Try listening to your favorite height track and then swivel your head up to where the sound is coming from. Oh wait, it's totally going to change once you do that because the point source isn't up there. It's most likely on the same plane of ears when seated and looking directly ahead.