IGNORED

I thought computer audio was popular for convenience...

1 hour ago, Mordikai said:

not the DG crap. And please use the 24/48 remaster, not my older CD rip".   

>>if you don't have any crap, then I am not sure what this was in reference to....

if you don't have the "DG crap" or the "older CD rip" in your library, you shouldn't have a problem getting the wrong one?

No need to respond..i just thought you had a problem finding the right songs....but if not, no worries.

35 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

>>if you don't have any crap, then I am not sure what this was in reference to....

if you don't have the "DG crap" or the "older CD rip" in your library, you shouldn't have a problem getting the wrong one?

No need to respond..i just thought you had a problem finding the right songs....but if not, no worries.

You're confusing me with Musicophile.

9 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

...things don't have to be difficult unless you want it to....just sounds like you are unorganized.

My 110K track library has been tagged manually with a tendency of OCD.

There are just certain types of music that don't lend themselves well to voice interface.

12 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

My 110K track library has been tagged manually with a tendency of OCD.

There are just certain types of music that don't lend themselves well to voice interface.

it only takes 1 sec to add to a playlist...just say "add to playlist difficult" for any "so called difficult" tracks....

then in future you can say play beethoven from difficult, or you can even use other keywords, like play Melodya from difficult.

I know it's not for everyone, i am not going to try and convince anyone, i am just saying it is very easy and you can play ANY TRACK within 1 second by simply taking an additional 1 sec "one time" to add it to a playlist...

23 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

it only takes 1 sec to add to a playlist...just say "add to playlist difficult" for any "so called difficult" tracks....

then in future you can say play beethoven from difficult, or you can even use other keywords, like play Melodya from difficult.

I know it's not for everyone, i am not going to try and convince anyone, i am just saying it is very easy and you can play ANY TRACK within 1 second by simply taking an additional 1 sec "one time" to add it to a playlist...

And I'm not disagreeing with you, such a simplified workflow just doesn't work well for certain library sizes and types of music.

19 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

And I'm not disagreeing with you, such a simplified workflow just doesn't work well for certain library sizes and types of music.

i can't think of any scenario where putting somehting in a playlist won't make something more easier accessible.

whatever scenario someone could dream up, where you want easier access, you can do it with a playlist, or even multiple playlists.

Now if you just want to browse until you find something you want to play, that would be about the ONLY scenario that this may not work well for....but in that specific case, you can always just "pick up the tablet, remote, mouse, or phone....So really, you got the best of both worlds with this system...but in most cases, i am usually in the mood for something particular....anyway, no sense debating, we can agree to disagree.

Another option "but not available yet" for all services, is the ability to say show me songs matching this criteria, and you will view the different songs meeting that criteria, and then you can say play the 4th song on that list.

really, the options are limitless, and getting better all the time....but for my needs, i can usually play any song, track, genre, group, playlist, mood (e.g. upbeat, sleeptime, exercise, meditation, etc...) within 1 second.  Or if i don't have a specific desire, i can just say "shuffle play jazz" and "next song" which is typical, and then while playing something i want to remember to just say add to favorites.

and look also at the input options (cd, usb flash, optical1, optical2, ethernet, coax, pc usb,wifi,phone), and you can even create playlists from a combination of all the inputs....not that i would...i prefer hardwired ethernet.

There is nothing more flexible and easier...and again, if you want to use the tablet or pc, you can do that too.

7 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

It sounds like you are trying to use alexa speakers...i don't do that.  I am using heos and stream through ND8006 to mcintosh amp and either B&W or PSB speaekrs and it sounds as good as anything else i have heard (speakers being only bottleneck imho)...would sound better with focals or ATC speakers.

not sure why you have have problem with spotty....unless you are doing wifi, which i am not...if you are doing DLNA try increasing your buffer.

Which PSBs are you using?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

35 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

imagine t2 (for sale-grin)..i want focals!

Have you listened to the Aerial 7ts, or some equivalently priced Revels and Kefs?

5 minutes ago, semente said:

Have you listened to the Aerial 7ts, or some equivalently priced Revels and Kefs?

I have listened to revels (full line) at shows, and have had kefs through my house.

liked both, but if i am going to dream it will be focals...some day!

It may be the Beryllium that i am enticed by.  I also like ATC !

17 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

I have listened to revels (full line) at shows, and have had kefs through my house.

liked both, but if i am going to dream it will be focals...some day!

It may be the Beryllium that i am enticed by.  I also like ATC !

I always found Focals overly bright but haven't listened to the latest Sopra range.

The beryllium is only producing the top octaves, I wouldn't put it too far up in my list (I keep away from hard domes anyway, that's probably the main reason for selling the T2s) 

30 minutes ago, semente said:

I always found Focals overly bright but haven't listened to the latest Sopra range.

The beryllium is only producing the top octaves, I wouldn't put it too far up in my list (I keep away from hard domes anyway, that's probably the main reason for selling the T2s) 

I am just guess it is the beryllium why i like them...but to my ears, they sound better...i usually prefer brighter when paired to my mcintosh amp which is generally warmer than most....but you never know..i think the T2s are too bright and why i want to sell them...i prefer the B&W with the MAC.  When you say hard domes, do you mean not paper? 

Another speaker I like are the ATC which I believe are paper....are the revels, aerial, and kefs all paper?  I thought the kefs i had were rubber, and i have had a few different models through my house and don't remember them being paper.

it's really tough, because it seems if they aren't bright, they don't seem as detailed as i like...I keep going back to the B&Ws after trying literally 100s of different speakers, only to be disappointed after purchase and trying them in my own system.

I like the detail of the T2s and they sound fine most of the time, but they become annoying.

33 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

I am just guess it is the beryllium why i like them...but to my ears, they sound better...i usually prefer brighter when paired to my mcintosh amp which is generally warmer than most....but you never know..i think the T2s are too bright and why i want to sell them...i prefer the B&W with the MAC.  When you say hard domes, do you mean not paper? 

Another speaker I like are the ATC which I believe are paper....are the revels, aerial, and kefs all paper?  I thought the kefs i had were rubber, and i have had a few different models through my house and don't remember them being paper.

it's really tough, because it seems if they aren't bright, they don't seem as detailed as i like...I keep going back to the B&Ws after trying literally 100s of different speakers, only to be disappointed after purchase and trying them in my own system.

I like the detail of the T2s and they sound fine most of the time, but they become annoying.

I mean hard tweeter domes: the T2 uses titanium, the Sopra uses Beryllium, others use aluminium, diamond, ceramic.

But hard cones also produce strong resonant modes upon break-up which sound very nasty (they "ring").

The ideal driver would produce a pistonic motion, and "hard" drivers are better at that, but the trade-off is audible resonance.

There have been advances in cone profile and damping design but in the end the audibility of the resonances produced by "hard" midrange cones depends on the low-pass frequency and the filter slope ("hard" cones shouldn't be used with first-order filters à la BnW or Marten).

Here you can see the resonances quite clearly:

616Marcofig5.jpg

Marten Coltrane 3, cumulative spectral-decay plot on midrange axis at 50" (0.15ms risetime).
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/marten-coltrane-3-loudspeaker-measurements

7 minutes ago, semente said:

I mean hard tweeter domes: the T2 uses titanium, the Sopra uses Beryllium, others use aluminium, diamond, ceramic.

But hard cones also produce strong resonant modes upon break-up which sound very nasty (they "ring").

The ideal driver would produce a pistonic motion, and "hard" drivers are better at that, but the trade-off is audible resonance.

There have been advances in cone profile and damping design but in the end the audibility of the resonances produced by "hard" midrange cones depends on the low-pass frequency and the filter slope ("hard" cones shouldn't be used with first-order filters à la BnW or Marten).

Here you can see the resonances quite clearly:

616Marcofig5.jpg

Marten Coltrane 3, cumulative spectral-decay plot on midrange axis at 50" (0.15ms risetime).
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/marten-coltrane-3-loudspeaker-measurements

thanks for sharing, but it's all greek to me.....i just know what my ears like...chances are i have found though that i may like in one setting with one amp, but not necessarily like it more in my own setting with my amp.....but t seemed like to me that EVERYTIME i have heard the sopras, no matter what music or other hardware they had, i was always like "WOW, that sounds great".   are the Beryllium considered "hard tweeters" or only the psb titanium? 

6 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

like i said before, if you are the definition of audiophile, i don't need to be in that group.

You can even consider me anti-audiophile.

A non-audiophile is more appropriate as you value convenience over quality.

3 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

thanks for sharing, but it's all greek to me.....i just know what my ears like...chances are i have found though that i may like in one setting with one amp, but not necessarily like it more in my own setting with my amp.....but t seemed like to me that EVERYTIME i have heard the sopras, no matter what music or other hardware they had, i was always like "WOW, that sounds great".   are the Beryllium considered "hard tweeters" or only the psb titanium? 

Titanium, Beryllium, aluminium, diamond, ceramic for dome tweeters.

Aluminium, carbon, kevlar, ceramic for cones.

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

If you look at the measurements, you can see a high frequency peak.

http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=754:nrc-measurements-psb-imagine-t2-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements

I don't know that you can hear it, though.  The other thing is the T2s  don't roll off the high end as you go a little off-axis.  So if you are comparing to a speaker that does roll off more off-axis, that could be part of why the T2 sounds brighter.

6 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

are you saying those are all hard?

what are soft?

Fabric domes (tweeters and midranges), paper and polypropylene family cones.

21 minutes ago, psjug said:

If you look at the measurements, you can see a high frequency peak.

http://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=754:nrc-measurements-psb-imagine-t2-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements

I don't know that you can hear it, though.  The other thing is the T2s  don't roll off the high end as you go a little off-axis.  So if you are comparing to a speaker that does roll off more off-axis, that could be part of why the T2 sounds brighter.

the speakers i have come to like that i keep going back to, even over my more expensive towers...which i am not sure why, is my B&W 705's.  I like them for vocals.  the psb sound really good for clarity and detail and for some music, but all around i prefer the 705s...maybe i just like the looks of them more and the atmosphere..(grin)...my mood changes.

Aluminium midrange cone:

f_seas_prestige_loudspeaker_woofer__h122

Seas L18RNX/P

Paper midrange cone:

f_seas_prestige_loudspeaker_woofer__h121

Seas CA18RLY

Magnesium midrange cone:

f_seas_excel_loudspeaker_woofer_e0017_w1

Seas W18EX001

Polypropylene midrange cone:

f_seas_prestige_loudspeaker_woofer__h157

Seas U18RNX/P