IGNORED

Tidal streaming issue.

Hi Everyone.

I am new. A longtime analogue user, i decided it's time to take a look into digital steaming. I am connected via ethernet cable to my streamer/dac using coming from linksys wireless router, which is a fairly new model . Using the mConnect app, I am able to stream internet radio without any problems, but when I use Tidal, no matter what the song, or how long the song is, the song stops dead right at 1:13 time remaining left in the song? Then I get an error message saying "renderer does not respond "  . The dac/streamer works perfectly fine with USB from my MacBook as well. I can't figure this out?

Should I be looking at the mConnect app, the router, / I am stumped? Any help you could provide would be appreciated. thanks, in advance 

Hi vinylbrother,

Welcome to the forum.

The mConnect controller app requires the streamer (aka renderer) to support its own proprietary network streaming protocol in order to provide access to online music streaming services such as TIDAL.

Hopefully your DAC/streamer supports a protocol other than mConnect's, such as industry standard UPnP/DLNA. This would allow you to use another type of controller app to test with and start isolating the problem .

First things first - what is the make/model of your DAC/streamer?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

It certainly points to a problem with the Brinkmann Nyquist's support of the mConnect network streaming mechanism, but being a proprietary closed system it'll be difficult to try to work out exactly why.

The Nyquist's user manual hints at it having the ability to being controlled by a standard UPnP control point, so if you have an Android tablet or phone you should be able to get ithe Nyquist to stream from TIDAL using the excellent BubbleUPnP controller app.

Failing that, you could try installing Roon on a networked computer and use the Nyquist's Roon Endpoint support to stream TIDAL.

BTW, what music file playing software are you using on the MacBook? For example, Audirvana Plus has TIDAL support and can also stream to a standard UPnP renderer.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 2 weeks later...