IGNORED

Controlling Foobar2000 via upnp using another PC

chauphuong

Hi, for the moment I use a dual pc, foobar upnp system (1 pc as server and 1 pc as renderer, both runs Foobar2000). With my gear, Foobar UPnP's SQ is better than Roon's. Browsing and controlling is done through FoobarCon Pro installed on an Android phobr. Everything works flawlessly.

As I often work at home on a laptop, I want to control the aforementioned system using this laptop rather than the Android phone. My understanding is that I have to install Foobar on the laptop plus foo_upnp etc. I have tried to get things done but so far failed to use my laptop as the controller. Would anyone please provide me with specific guide about what to do step by step?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cebolla said:

I presume you actually mean you are using a foobar2000 (only) remote control app on the Android emulator on the pc similar to, if not the same, as the FoobarCon Pro app you used on your Android phone.

A foobar2000 remote control app like FoobarCon is not a standard upnp controller app, ie, it does not have a standard UPnP control point for controlling the playback of standard UPnP renderers (aka streamers, aka network audio file players) using music files provided by UPnP media servers.

I did mention this in my last post - I hope you are not still confused about it. :)

However, good call on using an Android emulator on the Windows laptop to run the remote control app!

Which emulator are you using?

I've recently been testing MEmu and it works well on my low spec Windows 10 laptop, with hardly any noticeable lag considering Windows is still there. Of course, I'm not using it to run heavy graphic using game/video apps!

Forgot to mention that I have changed to Minimserver, not using foobar as server anymore.