@HallmanLabs: One thing I found telling is that you said the regulator on the new board felt very hot before you disconnected. To me, this means it was either getting too much voltage, or was trying to put out more current than it is designed for (or, possibly there is a problem with the new board). My guess is that you didn't connect the new board output correctly, possibly connecting 3.3v supply to the input of the DAC, where the output of the oscillator should go (normally around 0.5v). 

Just now, HallmanLabs said:

Yeah, that is exactly what I already said on both the website and post here in the OP was possible that I sent the power pin to the output pin with the oscillator. Even after I said, nobody said this was for sure even dangerous to the ES9038. ESS hasn't given out the real datasheet on the IC yet, I ask them. It is possible this damaged it with 3.3V vs. 0.5V or possible, it did not. That is what I am trying to figure out and I gave up getting all the oscilloscope probing done last night. Every power pin I check looked clean and stable at the voltages I listed in the OP. 

Now I'll be checking the oscillator and the IC with my Hitatchi V-1065 100 MHz CRT oscilloscope, basically all the data signals. This is probably where I'll find the fault. It's tedious work trying to touch a pin on a 64 pin IC this tiny and get the oscilloscope in the right settings makes it a slow task. If I am going to find the problem though, this is how it will be found most likely (probing w/ oscilloscope).

I was thinking more of the little SMD components, like resistors and capacitors that may not have survived the larger voltage/current you may have sent through them. Hopefully the ESS chip didn't get damaged.

1 minute ago, HallmanLabs said:

Yes, that was the first thing I did. Keep in mind we are only talking about change with regard to the oscillator, nothing else changed. 

When I was using the oscillator module, after 2-3 mins of being on, I started to feel the heat on its heat sink and unplugged it. I have tried three or four different oscillators that previously worked in the unit, same results.

Did you try to scope right at the output of the oscillator, now that you've put it back in? At least that'll tell you if that part is functioning properly. Even if the oscillator is OK, is it getting proper power, is the output shorted, etc, etc.?