IGNORED

Chord Hugo DOA

Hi, 

My Chord Hugo has decided to shut down after I unplugged the wall wart for some cable routing.

One or both of the batteries has obviously failed and it's management algorithm has closed it down.

I have searched various forums/threads for advice regarding battery replacements but to little avail.

The OEM supplier reports that the batteries are produced under contract to Chord and therefore are not available to purchase, also they contain a custom chip.

I have found suitably sized (and spec) alternatives but obviously sans chip.... does anyone know what the 'chips' function is?

Grateful for any help/advice

i assume you simply mean that the hugo died and is not new to you.  d.o.a. means dead on arrival . . .

if it was d.o.a., i would be quickly going to whoever sold it to you.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I meant on arrival in its new position on the rack.

It has been operating quite happily for three years, permanently 'plugged in' and 'died' when i removed its power.

I have been trying to find the source of a little dig-hash that appeared on/in the system recently and wanted to test the Hugo on battery power alone.... i had always thought that there was some disconnect between the batteries and the mains i.e. the batteries powered the dac and the mains topped up the batteries but would not directly power the Hugo, but it appears that this was not the case unless the batteries failed at the moment i unplugged them -if that makes sense.