IGNORED

Physical CD's

On 2/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Rocky Bennett said:

I live in the United States and that is exactly how the law is here as well. Without the original CD in your possesion, you have to delete the file from the hard drive. I do not know where the OP lives.

THANK_YOU!  I live in the US, I did not know the law, and I've been telling myself that I really need to get off my butt and get rid of 1000 ripped CDs.  But now I "can't"!  Hurray!

Amazon seems to have a very good selection of space efficient CD shelves--I looked them up during an earlier round of procrastination on this issue.  I'm going to buy some and stick them in a closet.  They will take up less space than their bins.

5 hours ago, Bystander said:

But in what sort of situation could I possibly be asked to prove ownership of any of the  data in my possession?

Have you been talking to my wife?  That's the same thing she said when shortly after my recent post on this thread I mentioned that I "needed" to hang on to the ripped CDs.  I considered positing some sort of ATF/SWAT/America;s Most Wanted raid:

"Sir, you need to back away from the Mac Mini...Sir...Sir?...PUT DOWN THE MOUSE!!!!...PUT DOWN THE MOUSE NOW!!!...AHHHH!!!"

It could happen