IGNORED

Do audiophiles watch the Superbowl?

Well?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which option best represents your opinion?

• Yes
    • At nearly 4,250 meters above the Pacific Ocean, atop the extinct volcano Mauna Kea on the "Big Island" of Hawaii, the twin Keck telescopes are the world's largest optical instruments. The near-perfect ten-meter-diameter mirror of each of the Kecks is made up of an array of thirty-six individual, hexagonal segments, each positioned to within a millionth of an mm. Although the thin air above Mauna Kea is quite clear and stable, the small amount of atmospheric distortion remaining even at this high altitude is compensated for by a system called adaptive optics, which actively controls each mirror segment. The Hubble Telescope, by contrast, is superior to even the Keck telescope in that it is located in space and thus does not suffer from atmospheric interferences and aberrations that distort images, and can thus be considered the most powerful optical instrument. If you were somehow able to place one of the Keck telescopes inside of the Hubble Telescope, it is still rather unlikely that you could detect my slightest interest in the Superbowl.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/18 at 12:59 PM

49 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

It's what Snoop Dogg smokes everyday.

That doesn't help either, I have no idea who Snoop Dog is... Snoopy I know.

I'll have to google.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here’s the extended version. Who’d of thunk Noel Lee would find a way to get himself in a Super Bowl ad. 

I actually met him at Craftbar in NYC a few years ago. I had no idea who he was. He was at a big table with other people and a few pairs of monster Monster headphones were going around - I had never seen those. His (bedazzled?) segway was parked next to the table. Having been born with no shame, I just went to him and asked about the headphones. He said they were going to be released soon. So peasing a few things together I realized who he was. Pretty cool. 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

4 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Watched it via streaming here in Mumbai. I think the Iggles will fly me here again next year for good luck.

same here in Hangzhou.. from the train station no less....

(had to use the VPN set to London  though.. )

Eagles showed some major character today... congrats!

52 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Halftime show was lousy. Would have been far more interesting if Janet Jackson joined JT. 

Missing the wardrobe malfunctions of the past...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Professional sports in the U.S. (and regrettably, collegiate sports to an increasingly greater degree of late) are nothing more than a conveyance for television commercials.  The Super Bowl is an unabashed celebration of television advertising.

A friend of mine sums it up better than I can: "The outcome of a professional sports contest is the least important thing on the planet"

Sports punditry has metastasized to the point where today, more people get paid to talk about sports than people get paid to play them.

In my experience, those who enthusiastically consume the products advertised on professional sports programs are the ones most likely to "enjoy" watching those programs.  It's a lifestyle validation loop.

good game, but frustrating to watch (as a patriots fan).

i'm wearing black today . . . 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Great game

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256