IGNORED

Do audiophiles watch the Superbowl?

Well?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which option best represents your opinion?

• Yes
    • At nearly 4,250 meters above the Pacific Ocean, atop the extinct volcano Mauna Kea on the "Big Island" of Hawaii, the twin Keck telescopes are the world's largest optical instruments. The near-perfect ten-meter-diameter mirror of each of the Kecks is made up of an array of thirty-six individual, hexagonal segments, each positioned to within a millionth of an mm. Although the thin air above Mauna Kea is quite clear and stable, the small amount of atmospheric distortion remaining even at this high altitude is compensated for by a system called adaptive optics, which actively controls each mirror segment. The Hubble Telescope, by contrast, is superior to even the Keck telescope in that it is located in space and thus does not suffer from atmospheric interferences and aberrations that distort images, and can thus be considered the most powerful optical instrument. If you were somehow able to place one of the Keck telescopes inside of the Hubble Telescope, it is still rather unlikely that you could detect my slightest interest in the Superbowl.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/18 at 12:59 PM

When I was living in England, they would show Monday Night Football condensed into 60 minutes of actual play time.  I realized that could actually hold my attention.  It is all of the ancillary stuff that drives me nuts.

I watched the 1986 one.