IGNORED

Separate Pre Amp Vs Built in Pre Amp

21 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

davide256 Can you explain "as fixed output DAC" I have some XLR's I haven't tried yet that I was going to use between Parasound or Stellar. They are not expensive XLR's.

When used as DAC to pre, the output should be at a fixed reference level within the input spec of the preamp. Hopefully you have a fixed output connection

on the back of the PSAudio,

if not next check to see if there is a preamp defeat option on the PSAudio to force fixed output. If neither of these two options exist, you may need to take another source plugged into a second Parasound pre input and use it as a crude reference point to adjust the output of the PSAudio to a level that won't be a problem

when changing source inputs.

Note that this is one of the major functions of a true pre, to allow switched use of multiple connected input devices.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

16 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

Well bypassing it and going into my Parasound sounds better to me. I use A+ as my sound app. 

Sounds better:

To my ears

with my system 

in my house

with my minor education in AudioPhile stages of music

in my price range.....just saying;)

Were you using @esldude 's suggestion of balanced cables? It's always possible that with RCA cables the PSAudio gain cells don't perform as well, more susceptible to interaction issues with attached gear. I don't have that option with my gear but seems like its the preferred interconnect solution. If done testing, just tuck in the back of your mind that you will need to redo this test if you change amplifier as it could swing the other way with a differently designed amp.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system