IGNORED

Sanity Check

13 hours ago, STC said:

It probably would since it was not meant to listen like that.  You listened to it wrongly. The instruction was written on the sleeve. Like many good things in life often do not receive the deserving credit due to users ignorance. 

I wasn't ignorant when I bought the record, just uninterested in surround sound.Besides, when I bought that LP, surround was a dead issue. I'll bet that most of the people who bought it didn't even know (or care) it was Ambisonic encoded. 

George

15 hours ago, buonassi said:

I think the major takeaway is that we audiophiles are all, in fact, insane by "normal people" standards.  Think about it.... how many times have you tried to enthusiastically explain your hobby to someone only to find them looking at you like you're certifiable?  

You then try and rationalize your insanity by responding "Well, you watch TV for what... 2-3 hours on NFL sunday, a movie here and there, some news, and you dropped like 2K on it didn't you?  And your wife wanted that 2K bose set to accompany her decor because you guys place aesthetics high on the priority list!  It's the same thing, right?"

Faced with your misunderstood logic, they just continue to stare, then struggle to either change the topic or look for an exit.  It's not "the same".  We ARE insane.  And we have a large online community where we essentially encourage one another to become even more crazy.  

Much of the craziness is because most people haven't got clear insight as to what the goal is, and how to go about it - so, energies get diverted into "nonsense" areas where bling is a huge part of the 'fix', and the amount of money spent becomes meaningless, because applying more money doesn't automatically make it better - this is very unlike most areas of human endeavour.

Strangely, many people in this audio game think I'm not sane - because I don't worry about the silly things they do; the pack mentality is very big in audiophile circles, because it's essentially an exclusively blokey thing ...