IGNORED

What music player software do you use the most?

What software do you use on the system you listen to MOST  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FB2K. I have created four DLNA renderers using FB2K and the UPnP component. One is a native Windows device and the other three (Asus EEEpc 2g surf, Dell Fx160 thin client and Cenovo mini pc) are running various Linux versions in persistent mode on sdcard/thumb drives with WINE.

I also have two Chromecast audio devices and an Audiocast M5 (chromecast lookalike).

Everything is tied together with Minimserver (with minimstreamer enabled and transcoding performed by FFMPEG), BubbleUPnP server (to create Openhome renderers) and Linn Kazoo on a dedicated smartphone as the controller.

The FB2K devices perform flawlessly in this setup and play everything thrown at them including internet radio streams (incorporated in several M3u files separated by genre). The chromecast devices will play all static files served up by Minimserver but balk at the internet streams; some will play, while others will not.

The Audiocast M5 has DLNA built in, and plays all formats just fine, but volume control with Linn Kazoo is non-existent. I have to use the companion app to effect volume control.

rmel66.

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

since you clearly intimate with FB2K I am curious if you do DSD also or not? 

Also is it possible to roll several addins into one easy to install addin with your desired settings, so that you could just add one addin that did it all?  I have played with FB2K in past, but every time i consider revisiting it, i hate having to research all the settings and addins i need to get it to a desired state.

I do DSD but transcoded to 88.2Khz PCM. This is to ensure compatibility with all streamers. FFMPEG coupled with Minimstreamer is fantastic in what it can do.

If I want to listen to DSD natively I do so via a simple network share on my W7 pc.

2 minutes ago, rmel66 said:

I do DSD but transcoded to 88.2Khz PCM. This is to ensure compatibility with all streamers. FFMPEG coupled with Minimstreamer is fantastic in what it can do.

If I want to listen to DSD natively I do so via a simple network share on my W7 pc.

Correction. The W7 pc is the server. Network share not necessary.

rmel66.

3 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

since you clearly intimate with FB2K I am curious if you do DSD also or not? 

Also is it possible to roll several addins into one easy to install addin with your desired settings, so that you could just add one addin that did it all?  I have played with FB2K in past, but every time i consider revisiting it, i hate having to research all the settings and addins i need to get it to a desired state.

As far as I know it is not possible to roll addins together. That being said, FB2K is extremely flexible where addins/addons are concerned, even allowing for VST effects. I use several of these in my W7 FB2K instance.

rmel66.