IGNORED

SACD Ripping with OPPO (ISO2DSD)

KVD

Hi everybody,

am completely new here (from Belgium, btw) and I have a question on how to rip SACD on an Oppo BDP-103EU.

In picture attached you will find the numbers " 8550 " (which I suppose is the MediaTek MT8550 chipset)

Although this is the setup (soft-and firmware version) of an Oppo BDP-103EU unit, I am not sure whether this unit indeed can rip SACD because 8550 is not 8580 (as is needed) nor 8560 chip.

Can you eventually send me a picture of an Oppo 103 setup page with soft- and firmware details of which you are sure they will work for ripping SACD together with the ISO2DSD software ?

Is there any limitation on the firmware upgrade ? 

Or how can one see that the Oppo actually has this MediaTek MT8580 chip (SOC) on board ?

Thank you very much for your reply.  You can do this here or preferably by PM to  koen.michels(at)telenet.be

Kindest regards.

Koen.

Note : I have not yet bought an Oppo 103 or 105 - Awaiting absolute certainty !

Oppo Setup screen-02.jpg

Oppo Setup screen.jpg

Hi,

Thx for your reply.

This may be true, however, the Oppo 103 or 105 would need this MediaTek MT8580 chip (SOC)

In the screen of the 2 setups (2 different Oppo 103) (see pictures in first post) I read somewhere " 8550 ".

Not sure what they mean with that, but it looks like this is a Mediatek MT8550 chip, which is not the same as the required MT8580 chip.

I wish I could find a setup screen where indeed " 8580 " is written. 

Only then I would be convinced that I have the right Oppo to do the SACD ripping.

But " 8550 " may simply mean something else... Who will tell.  I'll try to ask Oppo what these digits really mean.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Koen.

Dear Kal,

Thanks for your reply but sorry for some delay in answering this.

I have again included an image of the Oppo 103 setup screen, but now the one from the Oppo player I intend to buy tomorrow.

Everything looks the same again as before.  But just to be sure, if you tell me this unit with this setup screen will rip SACD, I will be truly convinced.  (Note the screen is in Dutch language)

The way how to rip SACD with an Oppo is hereby included in PDF.   That is the right way to do it, is it not ?   Hope you can confirm.

Kind regards.  

Koen.

Oppo Setup screen-03.jpg

Ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105.pdf

Hi,

Thx again.  Have you seen the PDF in previous message ?  

I think it is the right way to follow.  I intend to first keep the ISO files (as backup) and as a second step let IOS2DSD extract the DSF tracks from the ISO.

Thanks for any further ideas or suggestions you may have. (I am pretty new to all this...)

Koen.