IGNORED

Favourite Guitar Songs

Here's at least one from the Metal side of things.  It's easier to appreciate if you can ignore Dave's vocals, if your not familiar with his voice.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, Musicophile said:

Very often going back to this old love. 

Musicophile, I couldn't agree more.  First this song in particular is as good as it gets for DS.  Second, if I had to choose just one guitarist to listen to, it would be Knopfler.  He might not be the "best" or the "top rated" but to me, he is the best and most enjoyable.  Plus, unlike most "rock" artists, he, more than any other is concerned about compression and quality of recording.  I find his playing sweet, mesmerizing, hypnotic and the smoothest and yet he can still play the most complex riffs as well as just about anyone. 

This one is quite pretty:

Toshiba Satellite P300 laptop--Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit--M2TECH hiFace USB-S/PDIF interface-->coaxial output cable-->

MacBook Pro--Sierra--optical output cable-->

Raspberry Pi 2--Pixel--USB output cable-->

Simaudio MOON 100D DAC (USB, coaxial and optical connections in use)--Yamaha RX-V640 receiver

--Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 (with NOS Raytheon 5670)--used as bypassable vacuum tube preamp stage--Topping TP60 stereo power amplifier--one pi bass reflex speakers--homebuilt--plans from Wayne at pispeakers.com

--QSC model 5.1 stereo power amplifier--ACI Rage 12" subwoofer in homebuilt sealed 2 ft^3 enclosure

--Denon AH-A100 headphones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some time back I watched "History of the Eagles" on Netflix - fantastic documentary.

There's just so many songs in their discography that qualify as guitar songs most famous of all being "Hotel California" which unfortunately has become a bit of an audio chestnut.  After watching videos of some of their tours in 2005 I really came to appreciate Joe Walsh and his unique sound.  IMO there should be a whole separate thread on these guys. But again a great band that have some iconic guitar licks in their repertoire.

eagles1.jpg

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110