IGNORED

2018 Grammys

rickca

In preparation for the 2018 Grammys, I've been listening to a few female rap and hip hop artists just to have an idea who they are.  This is stuff I never ever listen to.  I was very surprised to find I actually enjoyed some of it.  My neighbors' kids jaws drop when they discover I even know about some of this music.  

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

In preparation for the 2018 Grammys, I've been listening to a few female rap and hip hop artists just to have an idea who they are.  This is stuff I never ever listen to.  I was very surprised to find I actually enjoyed some of it.  My neighbors' kids jaws drop when they discover I even know about some of this music.  

Ha! Thanks for sharing. Which is the stuff you liked, if you don’t mind me asking? I dabble with some HipHop from time to time.

15 hours ago, Fridolin said:

Leonard Cohen (no HipHop!) got a Grammy for Best Rock Performance

with "You Want It Darker", his latest and last song.

That could be seen as very encouraging, but I wonder if it would still have won the award had he not recently passed away?

JC