IGNORED

Installing the UpTone Audio MMK in a 2014 Mac mini

Hi! First of all I'm a big fan of UpTone products. These guys are great!

Secondly - I've recently installed the MacMini DC Conversion/Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK) in my Mac Mini Late 2012. 

I have to mention that in the same time I also installed a brand new SSD (Samsung 860EVO)...

Today I hooked up an SMPS (12V, 5A) and was planning to install the MacOS... but something happened. When I plugged in the wall the SMPS the fan in the MacMini already started to spin very fast and noisy (MacMini wasn't turned on). When I've turned the thing on everything seemed to be ok... The USB stick with the OS was recognized but I decided to stop and investigate the FAN problem... Any suggestions? Why did it start to spin (full speed) even if the MacMini was turned off?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

I appreciate the effort to write down an answer but that doesn't help me much. The fan speed is high and it's high without it even being turned on. When it's on it remains high... Looking for an answer from a Mac Mini owner... 

P.S. John, you wrote: When the Mac is turned off or the fan signal from the Mac is not connected, the signal is always high, which means "run the fan as fast as it can go". The fan signal from the Mac could be the problem. Is it the white ribbon cable? And, if so, is this a DS4 14 pin power switch ribbon cable? In case I'll damage it trying to stick it better into the connector... 

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

The culprit was the white ribbon cable! After its re-insertion everything went just fine. 

Thanks guys!