IGNORED

Quick help to choose easy solution

Oceanrower

Hi!

Problem

My previous software for high res PC-based files (via USB to external DAC) is no more (and have not been used for a while). As I have not been following this Forum for the last year I am not up to date regarding the software market/options. 

Question

What "well sounding, easy to use software" can you recommend for 24/192 Flac to operate on PC Windows 7 64 bit? 

Info

I do not own so many 24/192-titles and would not like to do an expensive purchase. I do not need all the tweaks. Most audiofiles are handled in another way, so this software will only be used less that 1 % of the total time using audio. 

Questions? 

If you really don't plan to use it as much go with Foobar - it's free.

Even it wasn't free, Foobar is a pretty good piece of software in it's own right.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

9 hours ago, Oceanrower said:

Thank you, sounds like I will have a look at Foobar! 

It is pretty good and it's free.  Unfortunately, the UI is getting a bit dated and figuring out the plug-ins required is a hassle for some.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
14 hours ago, jcn3 said:

It is pretty good and it's free.  Unfortunately, the UI is getting a bit dated and figuring out the plug-ins required is a hassle for some.

That's true. Being a big fan of foobar myself, I believe JRiver is a better fit for someone looking for simplicity. Sound quality wise there's not much between them, but with JRiver you get a finished product while with foobar you pretty much have to build it yourself.