IGNORED

Quick help to choose easy solution

Oceanrower

Hi!

Problem

My previous software for high res PC-based files (via USB to external DAC) is no more (and have not been used for a while). As I have not been following this Forum for the last year I am not up to date regarding the software market/options. 

Question

What "well sounding, easy to use software" can you recommend for 24/192 Flac to operate on PC Windows 7 64 bit? 

Info

I do not own so many 24/192-titles and would not like to do an expensive purchase. I do not need all the tweaks. Most audiofiles are handled in another way, so this software will only be used less that 1 % of the total time using audio. 

Questions? 

If you really don't plan to use it as much go with Foobar - it's free.

Even it wasn't free, Foobar is a pretty good piece of software in it's own right.

Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8.7 + JRMC 28 & HQPlayer | Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB |  Job INT | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

9 hours ago, Oceanrower said:

Thank you, sounds like I will have a look at Foobar! 

It is pretty good and it's free.  Unfortunately, the UI is getting a bit dated and figuring out the plug-ins required is a hassle for some.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (audiolinux, roon core) (server) | simaudio moon mind 2 (renderer)
headphone rig:  chord qutest > bryston bha-1 > audeze lcd-3
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1

14 hours ago, jcn3 said:

It is pretty good and it's free.  Unfortunately, the UI is getting a bit dated and figuring out the plug-ins required is a hassle for some.

That's true. Being a big fan of foobar myself, I believe JRiver is a better fit for someone looking for simplicity. Sound quality wise there's not much between them, but with JRiver you get a finished product while with foobar you pretty much have to build it yourself.