IGNORED

Paul Hynes Excuses to deliver the power supply

On 2/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, Spacehound said:

I think this is a shame. I don't want to be too  'political'  but we in the UK are not all like Paul Hynes.

He is either a  'crook' or totally incompetent. He makes all sorts of promises which he doesn't keep.

And lots of 'excuses'. The components  are readily available and not notably expensive. And the island he lives on is not 'remote', it has a frequent ferry ship service, a daily flight from the mainland  to the next island along, which is very close,   either of which he can use and which the postman uses to deliver or collect  things, and the island Paul Hynes lives on has a quite large tourist trade.

How are you getting on with the lawyer? Though UK lawyers can be expensive too. The 'Small Claims Court', now re-named  'Simple Procedure' is however not expensive and if you can't come personally (which is hardly worth the time and expense) a lawyer will act for you. Preferably get a Scottish one as he will be nearby so his charges will be less and he will be more familiar with Scottish court procedures than a lawyer based in England.

I hope my lower could refund my money

I could understand his reasoning on not refunding due to custom specs if say the order was a just a few weeks out. But a year? What that means is he’s spent the money on something else. I seriously doubt he’s prepping orders a year out. He should have on his page in all caps, no refund for any reason and that lead times are 6 months to whenever, so order at your own risk. Or just not accept new orders and payments until he can catch up. That’s pretty basic business practice. Personally I’ll never take somebody's money unless I can deliver in a timely manner. And I’ll never “spend” money that a client has promised until it’s actually received. He’s obviously not a charlatan because the supplies he does deliver people rave about. Most likely just a really poor businessman and too far in over his head with the new-ish over demand for high end power supplies. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

5 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

The bottom line here is that @amir57bs isn't really interested in solving his problem.  If he were, he would post the specs of his build and look for buyers as Paul suggested.  It would certainly be a better way of recovering his funds than paying a solicitor.

Instead, he does nothing but whine while he impugns the character of other upstanding CA members.

Really? You are asking him to shift the long waiting time to someone else. Every decent people will not shift their problem to someone else. He has every right to complain. The waiting time is long enough and there is no sight of when Paul will deliver.

38 minutes ago, Adyc said:

Really? You are asking him to shift the long waiting time to someone else. Every decent people will not shift their problem to someone else. He has every right to complain. The waiting time is long enough and there is no sight of when Paul will deliver.

If someone has done the due diligence and understands the wait and uncertainty involved, then really there is no issue at all.  The problem with @amir57bs is that he didn't do his homework before sending $3000 to a stranger.  Anyone who did proper research understood that the wait was 8-9 months BEST CASE.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

The bottom line here is that @amir57bs isn't really interested in solving his problem.  If he were, he would post the specs of his build and look for buyers as Paul suggested.  It would certainly be a better way of recovering his funds than paying a solicitor.

Instead, he does nothing but whine while he impugns the character of other upstanding CA members.

Paul has no real solution , he do not deliver my order and he will not refund my money

@amir57bs why don't you post your position in Paul's backlog queue and the specifications of your SR7 order.  Then someone can make an informed decision as to whether they want to take over your order.  If someone wants it you could get your money back.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

12 hours ago, rickca said:

@amir57bs why don't you post your position in Paul's backlog queue and the specifications of your SR7 order.  Then someone can make an informed decision as to whether they want to take over your order.  If someone wants it you could get your money back.  

Please keep your advice yourself

21 minutes ago, amir57bs said:

Please keep your advice yourself

You're welcome.  My intentions are good.  I was trying to help you.  I'll just put you back on ignore, OK?  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's