IGNORED

Paul Hynes Excuses to deliver the power supply

15 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Many businesses have attachments such as this at the end of their emails.

Even  if Paul's emails didn't have this added , did you ask Paul for permission to reproduce/redistribute  the contents of his emails to you ?

One lawyer's take on the legal weight of such disclaimers: 

Confidentiality obligations generally arise via contract, such as by signing a non-disclosure agreement (in my business law practice, I deal with NDAs a lot). Contracts, as you likely know, require both parties to agree – what the law calls a “meeting of the minds.” Dropping a standard confidentiality disclaimer at the bottom of every company email doesn’t unilaterally impose on a recipient of an email a duty of confidentiality. It does not unilaterally bind the recipient to an agreement regarding the email footer language since you can’t unilaterally impose an obligation of confidentiality on someone. If they aren’t already obligated to keep the information you share with them confidential (e.g., due to having signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) or for some other reason), your email disclaimer isn’t going to change that – the recipient is free to do what they want with your email.

In other words, email footers assert that a reader has consented to a contract based on mere receipt of the message. This is problematic because, as with any legally binding contract, both parties must agree to its terms. Simply opening or reading a message is not the same as approving what is inside. For this reason, typically email confidentiality warnings carry no legal weight.

https://www.businessattorneyinaustin.com/annoying-email-confidentiality-disclaimers/

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Just now, sandyk said:

There is a big difference between this and forwarding or redistributing the contents of emails without permission.

Did you read the entire quote?

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

Just utter the magic words "small claims court." It's amazing what this can accomplish.

Good advice!

Amir's in luck. It looks like Scotland raised the limit from £3000 to £5000 so :

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/small-claims