IGNORED

Bluetooth Range Extender/Hub

I am looking for a Bluetooth Hub/Range Extender.  I have an Apple TV 4K and want to connect my Wahoo Kickr Snap via an app (Zwift) but the ATV is in another room behind a wall and cannot see the Snap.  This device needs to be totally wireless except for the power supply.  The only device I have found is this: https://goo.gl/aPBqxy  but the latest reviews are less than stellar.  Any other ideas?

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

I don't have it on ATV4, but I've used Zwift on my computer connecting to my Wahoo sensors on my bike, and the connection is robust enough that it goes through two exterior walls to a detached garage, so it might be fiddling around with. (In that case, I had paired it when it was near the bike, and then moved the computer.)

Another option might be to use the Zwift iOS bridge if you have an iPod/iPad/iPhone, if it works with ATV4.

I just found this recommended on an Apple discussion forum (a good place to post this question), but have no experience with it:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/04/elgato-eve-extend-homekit-eve-aqua/

22 minutes ago, rando said:

I can about guess you'll rebuke my suggestions.  Since this is completely removed from audio let's try.

BOSCH-CRS180K-18-VOLT-LITHIUM-ION-RECIPR

DWO02-Loc-AW14-02.jpg_MEDIUM

Seek professional help before you SNAP

3e3a55116cd7500f8dc65c89698011e2.jpg

A couple of reasons I am minimizing outdoor riding:

Traffic is getting horrendous where I live and most have a phone to their ear.  Scares the daylights out of me.

I crashed a couple of years ago and I do not have much drive to get out...

Arthritis in one knee and trying to limit the stress a bit by watching how much power I put out.

The cycle diagram is pretty funny though:-)

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

16 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I don't have it on ATV4, but I've used Zwift on my computer connecting to my Wahoo sensors on my bike, and the connection is robust enough that it goes through two exterior walls to a detached garage, so it might be fiddling around with. (In that case, I had paired it when it was near the bike, and then moved the computer.)

Another option might be to use the Zwift iOS bridge if you have an iPod/iPad/iPhone, if it works with ATV4.

I just found this recommended on an Apple discussion forum (a good place to post this question), but have no experience with it:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/04/elgato-eve-extend-homekit-eve-aqua/

Have to check out if I can use the ipad as a bridge.  The Eve Extend has not been released from what I could determine.  I do use the laptop but looking to use my 55" TV.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I had to figure it out the long and hard way:   It turns out you cannot have a Wahoo device paired via bluethooth to two devices, so if you already paired it to something else (like an iPad or laptop) you have to first unpair it before going further.  (You can pair two devices if one is bluetooth and the other ANT+).

57 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Sorry if this is obvious, but I had to figure it out the long and hard way:   It turns out you cannot have a Wahoo device paired via bluethooth to two devices, so if you already paired it to something else (like an iPad or laptop) you have to first unpair it before going further.  (You can pair two devices if one is bluetooth and the other ANT+).

Aahhh....I knew two devices but may have mis-interpreted.  Thank you.

chris

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

The Apple TV 4K is Bluetooth 5.0.  You can't really get much more range extender than that.

Lead wall? O.o

I probably do not have lead but I do have a fireplace/chimney in between.  I will give it another shot.  

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

This was the issue...I must have had the iPad paired at the same time.  Now just need to get my Wahoo Tickr paired, then I will be set.

I have been riding zwift for a couple of years and like it a lot.  The electronic trainer with app control is pretty cool.  I have to say that Ant+ control seems more robust than the Bluetooth.  Get the dongle on a laptop and you are good to go.  The trainers are bit more expensive but if you watch for REI or Wahoo 20% off sales it helps.  Trainer reviews are at DCRAINMAKER.com and on youtube.  

A lot of other apps are available, particularly if you like structured workouts, but Zwift has the best virtual world and is the most cost effective.  Other apps let you ride all over the world but do cost a bit more.  I just do not do it enough to pay more than Zwift.  Maybe if I was younger and not falling apart I would do more.

1 hour ago, jcbenten said:

Zwift has the best virtual world and is the most cost effective.

A set of Kreitler rollers hand made by Al with a BD quality Tacx film shot by Phil and his wife playing on the big screen is how I roll.  Might want to bolt down your trainer and strap yourself in tight before starting down this road.  :o

Your were warned!!!!!

I've only played around with it very off and on for the last two years or so, but I find I have the attention span of a goldfish.  Maybe with the feedback of a smart trainer, it would be a bit more engaging. The weather here (in CA) is usually good enough that I can get out even in the winter.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:29 PM, rando said:

A set of Kreitler rollers hand made by Al with a BD quality Tacx film shot by Phil and his wife playing on the big screen is how I roll.  Might want to bolt down your trainer and strap yourself in tight before starting down this road.  :o

Your were warned!!!!!

Nice.  Several apps offer videos like this.   

I want to see a video of Lemond going down the Marie Blanque in the 1990 TdF.  Chiappucci attacked after Lemond flatted.  The cameras and Lemond's teammates could not keep up.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, wgscott said:

I've only played around with it very off and on for the last two years or so, but I find I have the attention span of a goldfish.  Maybe with the feedback of a smart trainer, it would be a bit more engaging. The weather here (in CA) is usually good enough that I can get out even in the winter.

My once country roads near the house are loaded with lights and cellphone toting car drivers.  Since I now limit myself to 30-45 minutes I find it easier to ride a trainer.  

5 hours ago, jcbenten said:

My once country roads near the house are loaded with lights and cellphone toting car drivers.  Since I now limit myself to 30-45 minutes I find it easier to ride a trainer.  

I have the good fortune to have almost deserted winding backroads in the redwood forest with no cell phone coverage, and even the short and comparatively flat loop near my house has about 110 ft/mile of climbing. It seldom goes below freezing here. The only thing that can make me ride inside is prolonged rain, or (5 years ago) an injury. Last year it rained enough for me to pay for Zwift for a couple of months, but I think I may have spent more time screwing with bluetooth than peddling.

Ugggghhh....It can see the trainer but not stay connected.  I think just too far away (plus a wall & chimney).  Same with the HR strap.  I may have to move the ATV to the same room and just connect the cable as needed.  The TV hangs over the fireplace and all cables hidden behind tv and go through the wall....hmmm...maybe mount the ATV behind the TV...already have a fiber optic DAC (RCA runs through the walls to the stereo).