IGNORED

OT: Share your hobbies beyond being an audiophile

3 hours ago, Panelhead said:

Hiking (walking), old Jaguar, Audi, and BMW maintenance and driving. Expert now on active dampening and air suspension. Some of the engine work has surprised me, still like new running years later. All three have the same ZF  6 speed, must be bulletproof. 

Love tree climbing, pulling up is a full body workout. From hands to feet. Done 500 sit-ups and a 100 push-ups everyday for 40+ years. Never been in gym since high school. 

Used to listen to more music and build diy audio equipment. Maybe the next time I retire. 

I just bought my first BMW ever. My 3rd car in my life. I will pick it up 05 February 2018. Any tips.

[br]

10 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

New or used?  Either you're relatively young or you keep cars a long time.  If the latter, join the BMWCCA and then email Mike Miller to request his "old school" maintenance schedule.  BMW only cares if the car survives thru the warranty period, so their recommended maintenance is inadequate for the long term.

I´m still very young I just turned 43 :)

It's a 325i tourer from 2009 manual. I'll look into the BMWCCA.

[br]

On ‎23‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 12:31 AM, Bob Stern said:

Since it's out of warranty, I'll add the caveat that these cars are sufficiently complex that you should find a mechanic who works on nothing but BMWs so that he'll know their failure modes and idiosyncrasies.  Bentley publishes a respected service manual (the official one is proprietary).  fwiw, I have a 1994 540 and a 2001 740 sport.

I looked at the BMWCCA. But as a European I'm not going to pay to join a American forum. Thank you for the tip anyway.

[br]