IGNORED

OT: Share your hobbies beyond being an audiophile

I used to have reef aquariums.  That involved a lot of work and expense.  I tried to restrict it to captively-propagated corals and the few saltwater fish species that can be bred in captivity.  Even then, the amount of electricity I used for lighting and water circulation was pretty extreme.

I look at cycling more as an activity than a hobby, but if it counts, I do a fair amount of riding both on and off-road.

We have two golden retrievers.  I kind of hesitate to call that a hobby, but it does consume a fair amount of time and money, so in that sense probably it qualifies.

As a scientist, I'm kind of in a fortunate position in the sense that I get paid to pursue that as a hobby.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, sandyk said:

Bill

Where do you find the time for all these diverse interests ? I am assuming here that some of them  are climate related as well.

Do your dogs run along with you when keeping fit on your bicycle ?

Yeah, I definitely can't keep up.  That was why I had to get rid of the reef tank 5 years ago.  Biking I can combine with commuting.  The dogs are lazy and just hang around the house.  I would be afraid to have them on-road, and they aren't allowed off-leash in the State parks I trail-ride in.

• 1 year later...