IGNORED

iTunes Playback Settings Question

I use iTunes on my PC which runs Windows 10.  My questions have to do with the settings under the Playback tab under Preferences.  I know that under the General Tab, I can import CDs using settings such as Apple Lossless Encoder, MP3, and AAC.  My questions are: 

1.  Do the audio settings under the Playback tab just alter sound while the audio track is playing and not alter the audio file itself or its properties?

2.  If I make audio adjustments under the Playback tab, will that impact the audio properties or sound quality of audio tracks or their import settings as they are ripped from my CDs or will they permanently alter the audio properties (bit-rate, sample-rate, hertz, etc.) or sound quality of my music files already stored on my computer?  

I am asking these questions because I intend to put my audio CDs into storage at my local storage unit (which is climate controlled) after I have ripped them to ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Compression).  I want to retain and protect the original sound quality from the CDs both so I can create lossy copies from the original source for iPhone and iPad while traveling and so I do not have to dig out the CDs again to regain the original sound quality. 

Thanks.