IGNORED

Article: Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Analog 2 Released

I have zero intention to buy a Yggy, but Larry I'd be very interested to hear what difference you hear after the upgrades. If  Schiit has clearly improved the sound of the output of the Yggy, then they've clearly got quite a DAC on their hands. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My take on the whole

Shitty deal  is you buy

A new yeggy at $2,400. upgrades and all .  if you have a yeggy and i  just installed the Gen 5 USB at  $100.  +SHIP.Now the  $550. 

Up grade  shipping added also. Thats 

3 k close.    Shit screw all there deadacated  customers.  let's get

That right ...

There i Said it. 

It's B.S.   

Sooooo.... This means the v2 Yggdrasil has been in the wild and in owners' hands for 2-3 months, but none of those people knew it?

And any of them could have listened their new v2 and maybe their original v1 or a friend's v1 or some audio shop's v1, then bought their v2, and never noticed any difference? 

Or any of them could have heard a v1 before, compared it to other DACs, liked it, ordered one online, actually received a v2, and hen thought the v2 sounded just like the v1 they'd heard before?

It's strange to think about all that happening...

Anyway, good for Schiit. It's nice to see the Yggdrasil get an update and finally join most of Schiit's other products that have been upgraded/improved since release. And $500, or maybe $600 if you get a USB gen 5 at the same time, is a pretty small price to pay when you consider the very few other vendors that even offer component upgrades to all or any of their DACs.

13 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

And $500, or maybe $600 if you get a USB gen 5 at the same time, is a pretty small price to pay when you consider the very few other vendors that even offer component upgrades to all or any of their DACs.

The upgraded analog output boards house the DAC chips.  The particular DAC chips used are around $85 per.  There are 2 per board.

All the whining about price is definitely un-warrented.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Complaining you think???

Schiit should of bumped the

Price of the upgraded Yeggy up 

If i upgraded shit product

With all + shipping will cost

Over 3k.   Sure, i can sell it

At one time  for $1,900?

Not now seems closer to

$1,400. Yes.  

Yes im  complaining. I should be. 

What do you want???

1  updated  yeggy at  $2,400

Or 1 up to date at $3,100 ++ 

Pick the $ 2400.   dude 

8 minutes ago, mav52 said:

So I guess the complainers feel the same about any product they buy. IF a change comes out they deserve a freebie. Sad

Mike Moffat on the upgrade https://www.head-fi.org/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-robert-hunter.784471/page-428#post-13982140

I'm not sure twochaudio even bought the device.

He might be just be complaining.

Another way to enjoy the hobby for some I suppose.

But to do it in regards to the company offering some of the highest value propositions in audio today?

From an audiophile and from a business standpoint, Schiit has earned my respect and then some.

Joel

38 minutes ago, twochaudio said:

Complaining you think???

Schiit should of bumped the

Price of the upgraded Yeggy up 

If i upgraded shit product

With all + shipping will cost

Over 3k.   Sure, i can sell it

At one time  for $1,900?

Not now seems closer to

$1,400. Yes.  

Yes im  complaining. I should be. 

What do you want???

1  updated  yeggy at  $2,400

Or 1 up to date at $3,100 ++ 

Pick the $ 2400.   dude 

Sell it, this Schiit isn't for you.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

I understand that it's no fun when you find out a piece of equipment you own is suddenly worth less than it once was, but DACs depreciate faster than anything else in this hobby.  The fact that Schiit released a upgraded version of the Yaggy and NOT a Yaggy 2 will minimize depreciation.  The fact that original Yaggy's can be upgraded for such a reasonable price also helps minimize depreciation. 

19 hours ago, twochaudio said:

My take on the whole

Shitty deal  is you buy

A new yeggy at $2,400. upgrades and all .  if you have a yeggy and i  just installed the Gen 5 USB at  $100.  +SHIP.Now the  $550. 

Look, 2chan. If you want to invest in things that never change, you could try precious metals.

When you lose money there, however, it is not because new gold and silver are better.  

3 hours ago, Ben-M said:

Sooooo.... This means the v2 Yggdrasil has been in the wild and in owners' hands for 2-3 months, but none of those people knew it?

And any of them could have listened their new v2 and maybe their original v1 or a friend's v1 or some audio shop's v1, then bought their v2, and never noticed any difference? 

Or any of them could have heard a v1 before, compared it to other DACs, liked it, ordered one online, actually received a v2, and hen thought the v2 sounded just like the v1 they'd heard before?

It's strange to think about all that happening...

Anyway, good for Schiit. It's nice to see the Yggdrasil get an update and finally join most of Schiit's other products that have been upgraded/improved since release. And $500, or maybe $600 if you get a USB gen 5 at the same time, is a pretty small price to pay when you consider the very few other vendors that even offer component upgrades to all or any of their DACs.

No doubt that Yggdrasil is a great DAC for the price but nobody noticed that they have been using the V2 it for the past 4 to 5 months since they started shipping V2 without announcement?

Someone must have heard the V1 before buying and not knowing that they received the V2.

Now that it is in the open, suddenly every owner will say that the V2 is fantastic.

Well worth the 500$ ungrade cost.

Could it be all in the mind?  Suddenly their Yggy V2 is so much better sounding.

Same old DAC, some old system but different frame of mind.

If i owned the V1, i will think twice upgrading.

I think what two channel is saying that the price of his v.1 dropped 500.00 bucks the used market is now 1400 or so. If Schitt  would have upped the price to say 2599 then the hit on the version 1 would not have been as bad.  The folks upgrading would have thought it was even a sweeter deal.

maybe they did not want to compete with the 2500-3000 crowd

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

3 hours ago, Vince.s said:

No doubt that Yggdrasil is a great DAC for the price but nobody noticed that they have been using the V2 it for the past 4 to 5 months since they started shipping V2 without announcement?

Someone must have heard the V1 before buying and not knowing that they received the V2.

Now that it is in the open, suddenly every owner will say that the V2 is fantastic.

Well worth the 500$ ungrade cost.

Could it be all in the mind?  Suddenly their Yggy V2 is so much better sounding.

Same old DAC, some old system but different frame of mind.

If i owned the V1, i will think twice upgrading.

Hmm. First post. Do you own an YGGY?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

23 hours ago, twochaudio said:

My take on the whole

Shitty deal  is you buy

Up grade  shipping added also. Thats 

3 k close.    Shit screw all there deadacated  customers.  let's get

That right ...

There i Said it. 

It's B.S.   

First two posts just to drop by and vent? Do you own an Yggy? Ever heard one? Just wondering...

They have two ways to do this:

Make a new model, call it version 2, wait until existing stock is depleted, and then announce it. Ever heard of Apple?

Or... do what they did plus give existing owners the option of upgrading. Pretty user friendly.

With method number one existing owners take a hit on selling their now "legacy" model and then need to plow that back into the new one. They would be very lucky to be out of pocket just ~$600 after shipping and PayPal fees for selling their old unit.... if they could find a buyer.

With method two: Existing owners just pony up for the ~$600 and now have a DAC that sounds better and in this case is still undervalued at ~$3000

It is true that if you just missed the cutoff you could feel grumpy.

Obviously the jury is out as far as SQ but Chris seems to be impressed.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System