IGNORED

Superphonica Update: January 15, 2018 - AM

Hey Hey Hey - Here's an update on Superphonica for Monday January 15, 2018.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. We're aiming to be the most responsive and inclusive of your feedback company online. Sure there have been some suggestions via PM that are a bit crazy, so we'll leave them on the back-burner, but overall everyone has been very helpful.

1. I just recorded a podcast with Kirk McElhearn ( @kirkmc) and Doud Adams ( @DougAdams) about buying and selling HiFi gear, dealer margins, buyer experiences with dealers, and Superphonica. I get into a bit about why we started the site and what we hope to accomplish with Superphonica. The podcast will be on their The Next Track show in the next week or so.

2. Superphonica has a little known feature called Badges. 

What's a Badge? It's a little icon/image that appears in the upper left corner of a product on the search results page. This is 100% customizable and open to suggestions for what people want to see. So far I have a few starter badges in there to help people determine which search results may be best for them. For example, when searching for microRendu, people will see items sold by Sonore marked as Trusted Partner, and they will see items sold by the Canadian distributor marked with a Canadian flag. Sonore doesn't ship to Canada, so it's helpful for a buyer to see the Canadian flag when searching, so they can purchase from the person who ships to Canada.

Badges are displayed based on product tags. If you tag a product with Canada, it will get the Canadian flag in search results. If you tag a product RoonReady, the product will have a little Roon badge in search results. 

Only one badge at a time can be displayed. If a product has multiple tags that have badges associated with them, the badge that's last in our list of badges will be the one displayed. 

Here is out list so far and here is a live example of this in action. 

Let us know what badges you'd like to see.

badges.png

ultra search.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png