IGNORED

Announcing the next generation: UltraCap LPS-1.2 (Now 5/7/9/12V! ; Now with parallel LT3045 regulators!)

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

UPDATE:

Well it took several VERY late nights of flashing and testing circuit boards--to be ready for my assistant to assemble each morning--and a lot of time preparing shipping labels and export paperwork, but I am happy to report that today 80 UltraCap LPS-1.2 units shipped around the world.  About 1/5th of those were part of ISO REGEN/UltraCap LPS-1.2 bundles.

All of the shipped units went to clients who ordered from end-of-November through to January 13th.  These were all the people who thought they were ordering the original LPS-1 (and paid the $40 lower price) and instead, as reward for their patience, are receiving the new generation product.

In addition, two of our finest overseas importers were shipped a dozen or so units via FedEx.  So folks in the UK and Singapore who would like to jump ahead and be among the first to get hands on an UltraCap LPS-1.2, just contact either Martin Smith at VortexBox UK/Audiostore  or Alvin at Vinshine Audio.

This weekend I will be testing another 100 units.  Monday is a holiday here and my assistant asked for the day off.  So Tuesday she will begin putting the tested boards into cases and kitting up the boxes.  On Wednesday and Thursday (February 21/22) we will begin shipping more orders.  These will be the first orders placed specifically for LPS-1.2 units (starting with @rickca's order #6726) , from the announcement date of January 14th.  All of these were originally promised shipment by February 15th--so in the end we will have been only one week behind. If you knew all the behind-the-scenes trials of making this happen (John decided to rewrite the entire codebase for the FPGA last week!) you would understand what a minor miracle this is.

John and I are very happy but quite tired.  One more big push through these next 5 days and then I'll take a few off.  

I am hoping to actually put an ear on an LPS-1.2 myself sometime this weekend.  Glad to see John's report above.  But what really matters is what everyone else hears once theirs arrives. :D

I'll start a new thread for user experiences and questions shortly.

Have a great weekend all!

--Alex C.

Great work! Thanks for your efforts! After John Swensons review, I can’t wait to receive mine!  I was one of the original LPS-1 orders, so I’m hoping I was part of the first 80 orders :) - now I just need a JS-2 and I will all set! :) 

Thanks again for burning the midnight oil so all of us can get our new toys!  

20 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

I know it seems like a long time ago, but it was just this week! I did in two days, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Yes, you definitely wore the hairshirt for that. And I have a few more grey hairs to show for it!  o.O  But you got it right my friend, and the boards are working beautifully. :)

On 2/16/2018 at 8:53 PM, Superdad said:

On Wednesday and Thursday (February 21/22) we will begin shipping more orders.  These will be the first orders placed specifically for LPS-1.2 units (starting with @rickca's order #6726) 

Alex actually shipped my unit a day early on 2/20.  I've always been impressed by Uptone Audio.  Nobody shares more information about their product R&D or provides better customer service.  It's consistently a good experience.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

ok, so...

- 5.5x2.1 barrel plug to USB micro cable is here

- grabbed a Qutest this afternoon but...

- where’s my UltraCaps LPS-1.2? 9_9

just kidding: got shipping notice yesterday, thank you Alex :D

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I’d also never heard this ... but my cat-loving wife certainly did ... so vets have been letting the cat-outa-the-bag the world over.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

My wife is a vet and I asked her about this... Apparently it used to be a widely held belief (she was originally taught this at university as well) that all gingers were male and for whatever reason it isn't true.... However, it is far more likely for them to be male... In Australia, where we live,  she reckons female gingers are becoming far more common and (at a guess) about 30% of gingers she treats are now female... Sorry for the poor explanation - she said something about  DNA mapping and that all tortoise shell cats were a particular gender ? but I can't remember which... My ultraCAT ?lps1 is still going fine and I would love to order the 1.2 and Iso - hopefully I will be able to afford it towards the end of the year.

Thanks for the fantastic products and service Alex and John ?

58 minutes ago, Bricki said:

she said something about DNA mapping and that all tortoise shell cats were a particular gender ? but I can't remember which...

In general tortoiseshell cats are female, while males are more likely to be all or mostly one solid color or with solid blocks of colors arranged to attract more attention and perhaps enhance perceived body size.

We've certainly found this to be the case with our cats over the years, including our current pair of sibling tabbies. The female is a "tortie tabby", while the male is mostly mono-hued with subtle stripes on his tail.

Theoretically this gives the females more camouflage for hunting and while pregnant/nursing, while the males can strut around attracting attention and fighting. YTMV of course. ("T" = tabby.)

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

45 minutes ago, Len-ski said:

My unit shipped Tuesday and was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now tracking info just has “ Alert “ status. Awesome. USPS lost it. :(

I have had my share of that frustration with USPS.  The package is routed incorrectly but eventually is re-directed back to me within a few days of the expected delivery date.

I've also noticed that 2-day priority mail is now regularly being delivered in 3 days regardless of where it originates in the continental U.S.  People are paying for a (non-guaranteed) service that is no longer being provided.

47 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I have had my share of that frustration with USPS.  The package is routed incorrectly but eventually is re-directed back to me within a few days of the expected delivery date.

I've also noticed that 2-day priority mail is now regularly being delivered in 3 days regardless of where it originates in the continental U.S.  People are paying for a (non-guaranteed) service that is no longer being provided.

FWIW, mine shipped across the country (California to Virginia) in 48 hours.